93 coupe no power issue (NOTHING)

Here’s the deal.
I have a 93 coupe that I just bought two days ago,I drove it to my shop fine and all the electrical worked ok.
But after I parked it and went to start it again nothing happened,I mean NOTHING!!No four way flashers,no headlights,DOME lights,radio NOTHING!!
The only thing that works is the fuel pump, I know this because I can hear it energizing when I turn the key to the start position and I can hear the starter relay clicking when the key is turned,the only other thing that works along with this is the light behind the clock on the cluster but the time isn’t showing.
I have checked ALL the fuses and the nessesary relays,but all checked out OK!And the battery is at a healthy 12.78volts
The only other thing I can think of is it’s either in security mode or there’s a bad ground.
I should mention that prior to this problem I had been cleaning up the frame rails to be repaired,but have looked and can not see any ground contacts anywhere near them
Before when the car was starting ok,I would have to tap on the gas for the heads up display to light up,and the enter chim would go off at this time as well.
I can print up the wiring diagrams at work but was hoping that one of you guys may know what the problem is,so I don’t have to spend hours diagnosing.
Please help me out with this guys,I’ve always wanted an s13 coupe and I don’t want to start it out like this:/:
If it is in security mode how do I get it out,owners manual says nothing(doesn’t even say it has one either) although it maybe unlikely I’m open to all suggestions
Thank you

Bad ground - check battery/starter

Battery is good tried a different one too, and starter is good as well tested it at the shop
Where are the main grounding points on this car

I meant check those grounds

Google it.

Throttle body, Altetnator, near/behind one of the lines going to the Brake Booster on the fire wall, Shock Tower, Battery Tray.

When you find the grounds, a quick fix would be replacing them ALL with new/thicker wire. I will help you out and find the link that is posted in the FAQ thread.

However, if it is NOT the grounds, then there may be another problem. I have a sense that it’s your alternator. It may not be holding a charge, hence you hearing the fuel pump stabilizing and or the starter clicking.

Worst case scenario is you replacing the Altetnator, Starter, ALL GROUNDS, and/or the battery. I had the same situation, hope this helps meng.

Thanx I will try this after work today,so when you went to start your car nothing would happen?,nothing at all, like even your dome light wouldn.t come on,wouldn’t the alternator only effect the car when it’s running.The battery is good as well.
Any input is great,thanks for the help guys

the alternator’s primary job is to recharge your battery.
if the alternator is not doing it’s job, then while you’re driving,
all you’ve been doing is DRAINING the battery.

which means when you tried to start it again…
there wasn’t enough charge in the battery to send current to the ignition system.

which means …dead battery PLUS not working alternator.
check the resistance of the alternator…could be the windings.

i DONT think it’s the starter since you said dome lights etc. didnt turn on.

sorry…for long post. recap:
test alternator first.
if bad… replace and maybe recharge or replace battery.

hope this helps man. GL

this sounds stupid but try to wiggle the positive and negative terminals on your battery around perhaps there isnt enough connectivity. its happened to me and it turned out that the negative terminal had some crap around it

Got the eletrical working again but the car still won’t start.Will take the starter out and test it at work,I was kinda hoping after fixing the electrical problem the car would go back to normal,but not the case,other than the starter itself what else should I check.
Thanks for all the help guys,hope some day I retrun the favor

tell us how you fixed the electrical

There was a bad contact/corrosion under the fuse/relay box in particular under the 75 amp master fuse,at first glance it looked OK but after getting a closer look I noticed some of the contacts were turning green.So I got a pick out cleaned up the contact and sure enough power came back,but it still won’t start.Now that I think about it the starter did sound kinda lazy if you know what I mean so I’m thinkin’ replace the starter and I should be good to go,but first I need to make sure I have power at the trigger wire,I do at the 12volt main feed but haven’t checked the igniton/trigger feed.
So that’s the next step.
I think it’s just a fluke it happened at the exact time I bought the car,was probaly just a matter of time,but man diaging this was F#cking stressfull for sure

check the main fuse. maybe its gone.