Car won't start...Electrical Issue

hey guys,

so yesterday my 95 240SX was running fine, and today when I went outside to start it up I was getting no power at all. no lights, no dashboard, the engine won’t even turn over. it’s pretty clear there’s something wrong with my battery.

so, i tried boosting it with another car, but there was no change…i also tried cleaning the terminals, which had heavy white deposits on them…no good…next, i disconnected all of the accessories attached to my battery (fog lights, HIDs, etc.)…no change

the funny thing is, i get a voltage on the battery without anything connected to it, just the bare terminals…however, when the foglights or that big red connector that goes on the positive terminal is connected i get no voltage…and even without those things connected the car gets no power…

now here are my theories:

1. somewhere a ground is corroded
  2. my battery is too weak

i will try checking the grounds and try a new battery tomorrow…but does anyone have any other ideas? also, does anyone know where exactly the grounds are that i should be checking?

thanks in advance, i’m very frustrated at the moment and any help i can get would be greatly appreciated

• justin

check the ground wires??? i dunno just a suggestion