95 brake pad replacement Help

I dont know whats wrong, im putting on new pads, ive opened the brake fluid cap reservoir, bled the brakes a bit, but the piston will not move back far enough to go over the brake pads!? I duno what else it can be, maybe wrong brake pads?! This is pissing me off. I can still turn the piston, but it will not retract any further. Help guys.

Just turn the piston clockwise and it will go back in.

if you read his post he has already tried that

I noticed that DTS… I was just making sure he was turning them the right way or else it won’t work.

I assume you’re talking about the rear brakes. What pads are you using? How much more do they need to go back in? a lot? do the pads fit in the caliper otherwise? do you have a make/part number for the pads?

I got it to work, let me tell you, next time ill just pay someone to do these. The front were a BREEZE, took like 30 minutes. Rear was absolutely ridiculous. They needed to be turned about 100 revolutions, each piston, try doing that with a set of needle nose pliers! Blisters everywhere on my hands. Stupid nissan.

HAHA I did the same thing but with vice grips my god let me tell you the rears on a 95 are such a pain. There is a tool that connects onto the piston and connects to a impact gun, makes the job really easy lol.

il do them for $60 or $30 a side next time :slight_smile: