95 civic, no start (co-worker)

it’ll turn over, and it’ll glug, but it wont fire. it wouldnt even glug before so the kid (not that bright) put 2 bottles of the red heet gas line antifreeze in about 1/4 tank of gas :picard:

went out to try it last night and it was gluging, trying to fire, but it wouldnt catch. im thinking a few gallons of 93 and a can of starter fluid should get the bitch goin

any other suggestions?

starter fluid

did you check for spark?

Edit: do that first then get back to me

yes it has spark

does the pump prime?

yup

i honestly think it has something to do with the enormous amount of gas line antifreeze he dumped in his tank…

edit and for some reason im incapable of posting a thread anywhere BUT off topic :bloated:

he over did it yes, but I dont think thts the issue. I use the stuff and never had a problem, ofcourse i put it in right before I fill the tank.

It may just not be getting enough fuel pressure, I would try the starter fluid and the 93 tho, couldnt hurt.

Could be a clogged fuel filter ect.

does he want to sell it …

why would you put 93 octane in? 87 is “stronger”.

truth.

Also, double check the thermostat ground as if that becomes loose, the described symptoms will occur.

im buying it in the spring, lay off!

idk ive always been under the impression 93 oct burns better… either way, 2 gallons of 93 and a spray of ether and it fired right up :gotme:

Higher octane has nothing to do with “burning better” or cleaner or whatnot else, its harder to ignite to fight detonation.

I understand jams theory with the 93, It works aswell. I figured this car ahd been parked for some time.

A car that has sat for a year or 2, the gas losses alot so if you throw some higher octane in there it normally it evens out, so you can atleast run the car on some good gas for a while before you go fill it up ect.

your logic backwards.

higher octane means that the gas is LESS potent.

I always went for the it burns cleaner and hotter reason for adding it to old gas, but yes you are correct, lower octane will ignite easier than higher octane by compression