'95 Jetta VR6 - needs timing chain - $1000 OBO

1995 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6.

i drove it every day for 2.5 years, until yesterday when it started running like shit.

took it to Caledon Motors (v-dub shop in caledon east), hooked up VAG-com…comes back with cam sensor error. did a test - cam sensor is working fine. which means timing chain is probably slipping teeth. motor will need work or better yet swap in a new one with less km. i would go the second route myself but i don’t have the money to pay someone to do the swap, nor do i have the time to do it myself (starting new job on thursday).

car runs and drives but has no balls, runs rough up to about 3k then smooths out. idles rough. i would recommend towing it but it’s up to you. don’t give me hell if it breaks down half-way home.

car is red with black leather interior. interior is 7.5/10

the good:

-fully loaded.
-5-speed
-dark tints, very well done, absolutely no bubbles. not sure of % (done by previous owner)
-trunk is wired for subs/amp. wires are well-hidden.
-flat black Golf front end swap (hood + single chamber lights + grille)
-modified airbox (sounds gnarly at WOT, better throttle response)
-removed rear “suitcase” mid-muffler and replaced with welded 2.25" piping.
-deleted DRL relay.
-15" steelies with Cooper Weathermaster winter tires.

321,XXX on chassis and motor as of posting. i bought the car at 245,xxx and alot of it has been highway driving. oil changed every 3-5k.

just spent $2800 in february repairing this car, with receipts. repairs have 20k on them.

-brakes all around: new f+r calipers, f+r pads, f+r rotors, and rear lines.
-front ball joints
-rear wheel bearings
-left front inner tie rod
-right front outer tie rod end
-broken wiper stalk on steering column was replaced. wipers and sprayers work perfectly now. unfortunatley i had to get the part from a base model (alot cheaper) so the VDO electronic information centre in the gauge cluster is no longer usable (it’s permanently set to the clock function).
-ABS trigger wheels
-e-brake cables

also had an alignment done.

also new water pump and serp belt about 7k ago.

altogether i have receipts for close to $7000 in work done on this car, which will be provided.

-interior is in good condition. driver’s seat has wear on outer bolster, and 2 VERY SMALL tears, passenger has a bit in same spot but not as much as driver’s. as usual there’s a bit of wear on leather rim of steering wheel.

and, of course, the bad:

-timing chain issue
-4 or 5 surface rust spots around the car. none are through yet, easy fixes.
-previousley mentioned rust holes around gas filler. not visible when gas door is closed.
-rust hole in floor under driver’s seat. it’s about the size of the top of a pop can.
-needs paint job.
.-cruise control doesn’t work.
-seat heaters don’t work
-fog lights don’t work, and the glass covers are gone.
-interior trunk release button doesn’t work (makes a noise when you press it but lid doesn’t release), but the lock cylinder in the trunk lid still does.
-for some reason, this particular car has neither a gas-door-release button or a glove-box…to open the gas door, i just use a key to push the pin back until i can open it, and a glove-box is easy to purchase (at a wrecker or here on vortex) and install, i just haven’t got around to it yet.
-driver’s side rear power window doesn’t work.
-lock cylinder in passenger door is broken.
-right rear wheel bearing sounds like it’s going again already. gets noisy around 100km/h

price: $1000 OBO.

i will accept offers but lowballers will not receive a response. i will also accept trades as i need a cheap car to get me by until spring, so i will accept trades for Mk2 Jetta’s and Golf’s or cheap MkIII’s SO LONG AS they can safety/e-test fairly easily/cheaply. minimal rust would be preferred but at this price i won’t expect it, 5-speed is a MUST, and no diesel’s please. and i don’t have any cash to put “on top” of my trade so unless your car is worth what i’m asking or less, don’t bother.

ABSOLUTELY NO PART-OUTS!!! i have no time to do a part-out at this time since i am starting a new job this week.

you can reach me at driftRPS13@hotmail.com or 647-501-7404. serious inquiries only. don’t waste my time. i have more pics + pics of rust, e-mail me if you want them.

located in Caledon. will not meet anywhere for viewings as i don’t want to get stranded.

pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Suislide1337/jetta2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Suislide1337/jetta3.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs119.snc1/5195_106646201802_502661802_2793820_7705413_n.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs087.snc1/4914_103025201802_502661802_2730622_7849495_n.jpg

dammit knew i should have proof-read…copy and pasted this from vwvortex.

i meant to change it to say that i wont really be accepting trades anymore because i have something lined up already, but if you have something really interesting that’s worth around the same then offer it up.

nice its jdm too

lol why does everyone give me shit for that?

the wakaba is a symbol for “beginner driver”, not a “logo” for JDM.

cuz you drive a vw …lol as ashamed as i am to say it i had a 96 glx vr6 awhile ago i hated that car felt so gay driving a vw …no offense man just my personal opinion

meh, you’re entitled to your opinion. i think v-dubs can be made to look very nice.

can we get back to selling my car now?

lol sick lil V-Dub

BUMP!!

I need this car gone. Need the space in the driveway AND the money wouldn’t hurt either…

I am accepting any and all offers, and I am VERY interested in trades for a 4X4 winter beater, preferably japanese (4runner or pathfinder etc) and must be worth around the same as I don’t have a lot of cash to throw around.

SOOOLD!!

Lock it up!!