FS: '95 VW Jetta GLX VR6

up for sale is my daily driver. 1995 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6.

car is red with black leather interior. fully loaded.
-5-speed
-PS
-PB (4 wheel disc)
-Power mirrors
-power locks
-power windows
-power sunroof
-heated front seats
-clock in dash has other functions, such as fuel mileage, trip time, outside temp, oil temp etc.
-A/C blows cold, and heater blows hot as hell. you literally can’t turn the heat up past halfway, even in the dead of winter, or the car turns into a literal sauna in minutes.

288,XXX on chassis and motor but still runs strong, no problems with drivetrain at all. body has 4 small spots of surface rust. only holes are around gas filler, behind gas door (not visible when door is closed). underbody is in excellent condition. could use a paint job. just like every other red Mk3 VW, the sun has taken it’s toll. the front half of the car is faded when compared to the back half. it’s nothing major and usually isn’t noticeable unless pointed out in the right lighting conditions. one small dent on driver’s side fender, no crease, should come out easily with a slide-hammer (which i’ve been trying to get my hands on since i got the car). maybe 2 other small dings on the rest of the car. car is on 15" steelies. car came with hubcaps but they were stolen off the car at the dealer the day i went to pick it up.

interior is in great condition. all black from the bottom of the pillars down. pillars and headliner are light gray. front seats manufactured by Recaro and have GREAT bolstering. driver’s seat has wear on outer bolster, passenger has a bit in same spot but not as much as driver’s. plastic piece covering steering column has one broken clip and hangs open a bit. wear on leather rim of steering wheel, and leather is peeling on shift knob.

new parts since purchase:

clutch assembly
clutch slave and master
brakes all around, including new calipers in the back (car is 4-wheel disc)
front tires
entire front coolant hose assembly
driver’s side tie-rod
dash lights
alternator and belts

the bad:

-previousley mentioned holes around gas filler. not visible when door is closed and should be an easy fix.
-HVAC lights don’t work
-driver’s side rear power window motor is blown
-lock cylinder in passenger door is broken.
-lock “nubs” (things you pull up to unlock doors) on both rear doors have broken off. power locks remedy this (all doors unlock when you put key in driver door and turn twice) but passenger rear door doesn’t unlock first try every time.
-e-brake cable is broken. might get this fixed before i sell the car.
-wiper stalk on steering column broke off. wipers now only work in one speed and the fluid pump is constantly running when wipers are on, meaning you can’t keep any wiper fluid in the reservoir (as it will all empty the first time it rains, and will impediment your sight as much as rain would anyways). car will probably need new wiper fluid pump, although it sounds like this one is still working.
-could use new shifter bushings. car shifts and drives fine but you have to be deliberate about which gear you are putting it in, as the shifter itself is a bit rubbery.

car has served me well for a year and a half now. hate to see it go but i want to pick up something cheap for the winter and buy a 240 in the next few months.

asking $3000 obo. can get car safetied and e-tested for a bit more (as i will need to fix the wipers and e-brake for it to pass cert), car passed e-test with flying colors last time it was tested.

will include Pioneer headunit, 2x10" Rockford Fosgate Punch subs in box, and JBL amp for extra. if not included, car is fully wired up for an in-trunk sound-system.

car is located in Caledon Ontario but i am in Brampton and Mississauga area 90% of my time these days. it is my daily so i am always driving it and can meet anywhere in that area to show.

driftRPS13@hotmail.com

pics:

just wanted to make a note that i forgot to put in the original thread.

i will not be able to sell the car out-right until i have another car to drive, as this is my daily. therefore i will need to sell my FC and buy a beater before i can sell this car. so this thread, for now, is mainly to see if anyone is interested. i do intend on selling the car once i have something else to drive, so it is not EXCLUSIVLEY an interest check thread, but i will not be able to sell until i have something else to drive.

that said, please don’t hesitate to e-mail me anyways if you are interested and i will still show the car and happily answer any questions. i will keep updating this thread with my status on obtaining another vehicle.

PS car handles snow very well, is a great winter car, motor still pulls hard considering the mileage.

thanks.

$2500 as is, $3000 cert and e-tested.

one more thing. i just tried using the seat-heaters for the first time this season, and sometime over the summer, they stopped working. could be something as simple as a switch, but i’m not sure.

$2600 certified

car is no longer for sale. it’s my daily driver, need it to get to job-sites all over GTA so i can’t afford to be without a car or take time to have to shop for another car.

BUT i thought i would post that if anyone has a road-worthy, easily certifiable/e-testable S13 with NO RUST that they would be interested in trading for it, i would be interested. want to pick up an S13 in the spring anyways, once i have some better cash-flow, so this would kill 2 birds with one stone and would save me from not having transportation.

if anyone is interested, pm or e-mail me. the jetta needs a few small things fixed to be certifiable, but i can discuss this and strike some kind of deal with anyone who is interested. it did, however, pass the e-test with flying colors on December 30th 2008.

thanks.

EDIT forgot to stress the point that i will only consider cars that i will be able to put on the road INSTANTLY, since i will need to get to work. so NO “project cars”, NO rolling shells, NO rust fixes or dead motors or anything like that.

thanks again.

last edit i swear.

forgot to add car has one-month-old Cooper Weathermaster snow tires on it.

bump.

putting this car back up for TRADE ONLY! for S13’s (coupe or hatchback). car must be 5-speed and easily certified (no rusty frames, no project cars, no beaters).

just spent $2800 repairing this car, with receipts.

-brakes all around: new calipers, pads, rotors, and rear cables.
-mid muffler piece
-front ball joints
-rear wheel bearings
-left front inner tie rod
-right front outer tie rod end
-broken wiper switch was replaced. wipers and sprayers work perfectly now. unfortunatley i had to get one from a base model so the other functions in the dash (oil temp, gas mileage etc.) are no longer usable. newer Bosch wipers too.
-ABS trigger wheels
-e-brake was fixed.

also had an alignment done.

and just yesterday i replaced the broken lock “nubs” on the back doors, and also installed shiny new VW symbols on the trunk lid and front grille (old ones were tarnished to shit, chrome had completely worn off).

also removed the leather from the upper part of the shift knob, since it was peeling. plastic knob under leather is now exposed, with the boot secured to it with a black zip-tie. looks way better than it did before with the peeling leather. and i fixed the broken steering column surround piece (ziptie strikes again).

once again, at the moment i am ONLY looking for trades for road-worthy S13’s. this is my daily driver and i can’t be without a car, even for one day, so i can’t sell it for cash at the moment. car passed e-test with flying colors in december, and should certify easily now.

driftRPS13@hotmail.com or PM me with any offers.

thanks.

forgot to post:

car now has 305,XXX on it but still runs like gold.

more pics:

http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2679/76/40/502661802/n502661802_2293980_4056332.jpg

http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v646/76/40/502661802/n502661802_2293961_2773584.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs023.snc1/2647_73087971802_502661802_2293959_1373572_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v646/76/40/502661802/n502661802_2293958_8186289.jpg
volkswagens with the digital odo turn over again at 300k for some reason…so that’s actually 304,536

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs023.snc1/2647_73087341802_502661802_2293955_7683558_n.jpg
right side of trunk lid.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs023.snc1/2647_73087031802_502661802_2293921_7044888_n.jpg
passenger side rear wheel well

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs023.snc1/2647_73086831802_502661802_2293919_7426814_n.jpg
above windshield

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs023.snc1/2647_73086391802_502661802_2293918_7856062_n.jpg
around gas filler. only part on car where there is holes.

bump.

car is still up for trades for good condition S13’s…

but if i can’t trade it (and since i don’t expect anyone with an S13 to want to trade for a Jetta lol),i am also willing to sell the car for $2500 obo AS IS!

read above posts for more info, $2800 worth of repairs that have less than 8k on them etc. etc.

car should certify easily now that all the repairs have been done, and it passed e-test in Dec. 08 BEFORE i got the new mid muffler piece so it should definitely still pass that no problem. i just don’t have time or cash to get these done for the sale.

driftrps13@hotmail.com or PM if interested.

tell your friends!

Is this car factory turbocharged?

^^^ i don’t know if you’re being sarcastic or serious…

either way, no…it’s a N/A 2.8 narrow angle V6.

only v-dub’s that came OEM turbo that i know of were TDI’s and 1.8T/2.0T’s, but they didn’t make 1.8T’s until MkIV (this car is MkIII).

wait a minute, is that you Scotty??

bump.

$2000

$1900

got someone that wants to see this car whens a good time?