95 Sentra

Ok, I have my daily drive Sentra (1995 Sentra GXE) and I want some extra power in it. The car is terribly slow, I know it’s just a 1.6 but my CRX and Civic (both 1.6’s) both would blow this thing out of the water. I’m thinking of doing a few simple modifications to the ga16de, but I’m sort of wondering if it’s even worth it… this doesn’t exactly seem like a potent engine :ugh2:

Anyone have experience with these?

http://www.sentra.net/tech/garage/engine.php

That should tell you about most all you need to know. Though for reference my brother has a 90 sentra (B11) with the GA16i motor (throttle body injection not mulitport) and he was going to mod the GA. But then people figured out a way to drop SR’s into them, and for the money vs. power you get he couldn’t argue with a SR swap. Still if your stuck with the GA motor that link should give you some hope.

I wish I had the money for an SR swap… but also I’m torn because the car only has 22,000 miles on it, I don’t really want to swap out such a low miles engine.

And wow… thats uhh… disappointing, lol, but thanks for the link man.

How much power does the GA make? I’m not sure if these guys are suggesting the SR20DET or what, but a friend of mine used to own a 96 200SX (w/SR20DE). I think that engine makes about 140hp or so. I had a chance to drive it a few times. Definitely has nice pick up to it.

ill sell u my qr25de out of my spec-v when i drop my vq35 in it :evil:

what does a qr25de go for? i have friend in need of one

you arent swappin shit. Just turbo and be happy.

well since u said so, i guess ill stick w/ turbo…

haha,

we still gotta meet up sometime soon man…

later.