What the?

I’ve probably just not been paying attention, but I just happened to get really bored and visit Nissan’s website and find something about an all-new Sentra for '07. Then I read something about it having a 2 liter motor and get all excited that they’re bringing back the SR20 and I start hoping that they’re finally putting the SR20VE in a Sentra. And then I see something about 135hp. Lemme guess, they just bored out the QG18? Anybody wanna fill me in on whether the new Sentra is something to get excited about or not?

http://www.nissanusa.com/sentra07/ but the site’s loading really slow right now.

High-output 2.0-L DOHC High style meets high output. New for 2007, Sentra’s responsive 2.0-liter DOHC engine combines th elight weight of an all aluminum core with performance enhancing technologies like microfinished camshafts and CVVT… yada yada yada

Sounds exciting, but I sure hope they aren’t referring to the 135hp number I found as high-output…

That car looks god damned awful. Ai, that’s terrible.

Haha I don’t even remember what it looks like. I just saw that they might build a sentra with a decent motor again and got a little hard, er, I mean, interested.

OK I just looked at the picture gallery. Holy “Honey I Shrunk The Altima”

80’s monte carlo SS 305 "High.Output."TBI V8 producing 190hp, and 240 ft/lbs.

Its been done before

and the new sentra is UGLY

135hp does not sound like the NEO VVL SR20VE, which is ~187hp. But even the GAy16DE had a vavle timing.

For some reason I do not suspect that the engine will be square like the SRs. I am curious what the torque is. 135 hp is something to get excited about if the car weighed like 2200 lbs.

I was kinda anticipating the Versa, but the Honda Fit seems so much better.

The standard SR20 were rated @ 140hp and the RR SR20s were rated at 145hp.

Haha hey no cheap shots! My GA16 B13 was more reliable than my VR is! Do you have any idea how often I wish I had just kept that car and fixed it up? Would have been a fine DD, but I had to have something “nicer”. :tear:

Doing some looking… Yep, it’s a nissan 4 cylinder, more torque than hp. 140. If that 6 speed’s a close ratio then that oughta move pretty decent for an Altima-clone econobox. It’s an all-new motor. MR20DE. Looking for vehicle weights now… Not seeing any, although I read on nissanforums that they’re coming out with an SE-R in 2008 with a turbo QR25 :hang: