96 3.8L Camaro HEADACHE - Missing and Stalling out randomly.

My mom’s 96 Camaro is giving me all kinds of grief. Earlier this week she went shopping and was complaining of a lack of power on the way to the mall.Well when she got in her car to go somewhere else it started to miss on one cylinder. She thought nothing of it and just drove to another spot in the mall. When she then got in to leave the car was missing like crazy to the point of stalling out.

We left it there and I went out with the tow-dolly the next day to get it home. Got in, turned the key, it cranked a little longer than usual but started right up, so I just drove it home.

I took it up this morning to get it scanned and see what that had to say. I got two codes:

PO171: System Too Lean Bank 1
PO174: System Too Lean Bank 2

I’m going to run seafoam through the fuel line for the injectors today. Any ideas?

This Buick motor is poop.

fuel filter?

Replaced the fuel filter and it seems like that may have been it. I tried to blow through the other one and could barely even do that, so I’m guessing that was it.

congrats - problems like that can really suck to figure out.

unless you ask Darkstar and he solves that shit for you after one post.

if the issue comes back check the connections on the battery for corrosion. I have see the lean bank codes pop up for this reason, because alot of the sensors share the same ground. If the ground on the batt is shit it will throw the lean bank

vac leaks

It came back, so I’m going to run some seafoam through the intake and see if I can spot any leaks. Sorry Darkstar; not that easy.

dumb question but was it raining when this happens?

Nope. If there’s any correlation with weather it’d be cold. But I don’t think that’s it.

Ignition control modules are known for causing this exact issue on V6 Fbodies. Buddy’s V6 Camaro was doing the exact same thing and it was the ICM…you may want to look into that.

check your fuel pressure. a worn out pump that cant keep up with the right pressures it would have the same symptoms