98 civic lx no start

i just swaped a new engine in it. then went to start it and then drove it. put about 35 miles on it and then 2 days later when to drive it and it doesnt want to start. i have spark and fuel. i also checked the timing and its on. what could this be?

Does it crank…or nothing??

check grounds

it does crank over but does not want to start.

compression test!

where are you checking for fuel, at the rail or at the injector? if your wiring is screwed up to the injectors you will have pressure up to the rail, but the injectors will not be spraying… i think.

Especially the one on or near the thermostat housing

Check fuses just to make sure not something odd.

If all the above doesn’t solve it verify the injectors are working as mentioned by SMort

remember now the car ran and drove fine then 2 days later it wont start.

could something have come loose?? :dunno:

Loose ground like the one on or near the thermostat housing could cause the car to have run fine but now not run at all.

Blown fuse could do the same although right off hand I don’t recall if there is a fuse that could go and still let you get spark but I do know the car will easily crank with the ecu fuse yanked.

You rechecked timing after the car ceased to start? Timing belt slippage is very common if not adjusted properly.

Just some thoughts from someone who has debugged many hondas

hycomp message me on aim please thabrahmabull82 thanks

solved the problem it was the head gasket. got the motor put in it ran 2 days later wont start. well it was letting coolant in to the combustion chaimber fouling out the plugs put new ones in then it did the same shit again told them about it then they ended up giving me another motor.