Need help diagnosing a problem.

I changed the head gasket in my civic, now the shit won’t start. It’ll crank and crank and crank, but won’t fire. Idk if it’s timing related, fuel related, or spark related. I don’t really know how to check these 100% to rule things out. I lined up the crank pulley mark, and the cam sprocket but it won’t start. Funny thing is, the mark on the crank isn’t top dead center, which has me a bit baffled. If anyone who knows how to diagnose these problems can help me after 6pm any night this week that would rock. All the Magic Hat #9 you can drink and we can get pizza. $$ if it starts. My number is 585-355-5012, name’s Ryan, and the car is in the UB Heights area, on Heath st. in Buffalo. If I don’t pick up on the cell call 716 565 1366, that’s my work #, ask for Ryan. Thanks…

well, for starters you can check for spark pretty easily. just pull the plugs out and set them onto something metal and have someone turn the key and let it crank a few times. you will know if theres spark. you will also be able to smell fuel if that is working correctly as well. chances are, its timing related. when we did slomies headgasket we had the same problem. if you didnt set the balance shafts and the water pump pulleys all up with their marks and such as well, its probably wrong. it took us a few tries to get it right.

if u have a multi-meter, check the coil for spark, if u have it there, check all the plugs like focusinprogress said. there should be a little bleeder valve on the fuel rail somehwere and u should check that to see if theres pressure in the line. i almost gaurentee u its timing though. i went though the same thing when i put the engine back in my truck, and thats what it was. i’ll be bussy all day tomorrow with work and school, but if u dont get it by tuesday, i’ll be free all day so feel free to give me a call

~Mike 716.359.2865

check your grounds that attach to the head. :slight_smile:

:word:

no school on tuesday

dali llamma for the win

ill help ya out on tuesday if its still not runnin