civic problems

Well first off i have a 95 civic hatch with a b18 non v-tec engine. Basically while driving to work 2 days ago the motor started to misfire, so no biggie i figured i would put plugs,wires,cap and a rotor on but still it ran like shit. Next came the compression test with a result of 155-155-20-155. The car recently has been overheating and there has been alot of pressure building up in the radiator so i decided i would take today off and install a head gasket. After working on it for the better part of the day i finished it up and started it but it ran just as shitty. i am really lost here the rings seem to be fine (coolant leaked on top of the piston and none of it drained into the crankcase) i just have no idea here and i dont have money to keep on throwing at it. any suggestions would be great. thanks.

did u do a leak down test? u send the head out to check the clearence. these are vital things when diagnosing and repairing a head gasket

^
:wstupid:

i’ll bet that head isnt flat anymore

well as far as the overheating it never seen the red it was always under 3/4 of the guage then it would quickly drop

so it would get hot and then cool very quickly. do you really think aluminum likes that?

b18 are cheap, pick up a new motor for the cost of the head work.

and please do not post up where to find a machine shop. just search.

problem solved after replacing the head gasket and replacing a very broken exhaust valve, oh yea also a cylinder hone.

Glad you got that fixed.I like that civic

That was quick.

i had to work quick because i was in my small ass garage with a tiny kerosene heater. Of course it had to be 20 out all week, i froze my ass off.

how did you not notice a broken valve the first time you had the head off?

when we did the head gasket i did not take the head completely off i raised it only about 3 inches so i coulndnt really see it. I guess if i would have done it the right way the first time i would have had my car done alot sooner!

ah