'99 BMW M3 Vs.**'02(EDIT my bad)** Lexus is300

Both are stick & both have aftermarket exhaust. I know the M3 is rated about 20 hp more.

What is your opinion. Likes & Dislikes…etc.etc.etc.

hmm its all about preference.Personally i like the is300’s and ive been trying to find one for quite some time now.The only negative things ive heard about the is300 is that it gets from 18-22 mpg and the interior has some plastic pieces that dont quite match up with the rest of the luxuary options the car offers.But then again the m3 is an m3 lol.Just research each car and figure out which car has the options and results you want.

e36s look very dated, Looks i would go IS, but the M3 for performance.

I though the IS did not get a Manual gearbox until like 2003?

2002’s were the first MT IS’s.

its easier and cheaper to mod a IS300 and it will destroy a M3 $ for $ in the power segment

Definitely IS300 over a e36

agreed. Looks=is300 , if you want a quicker car go with the m3

02 is when they started the manual transmissions in the is300

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/LexusIS300/LexusIS300.htm

M3 because u can get it in a manual as the year IS u mentioned is still a slushbox…or just find and '02 and mod that toyota motor up

*edit- is300 is '02

My typo

M3. And it’s not even close.

if you’re looking to do autoX and track days then the M3 obviously…
if you’re looking for a 4 door luxury that seats two in civic sized comfort then the IS300.

I would recommend you look into getting an E46… despite what you see on this forum you can pick up good examples under 10K all day long.

yeah e46s can be bought for pretty cheap with decent miles

Id go for the M3.

Depends more on what you want. The IS being more practical, and easier to mod. The MTree being more fun out of the box.

That said I looooove the M3 hotness.

just dont turbo the IS lol

wow. i really don’t like either…

m3s are so played (i see e36 m3’s every frickin day down here), and IS300s look ricey to me

however, i think parts avail would be better with the IS300… maybe not so spensive

and not so common. IS300 by default.

I have an '01 IS300 that just clocked 30k miles yesterday. I’ve been driving it for just about 1.5 years and have no complaints. If you do really consider an IS make sure its got a Limited Slip Differential. Theres a sticker on the door that will tell you if it has it or not. Can’t go wrong with an M3. The M3 will blow the IS’s doors off stock vs stock. Parts for the IS have become very affordable as of late and I know about 8 people running turbo’d IS’s that have been very reliable and pretty quick for them (sorry dos). Check out www.my.is to find out more info.

I already have an M3. I was just considering another ride

Here:http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/403/m3frontce8.jpg