99 forester help ?

ok guys i picked up a 99 subaru forester and it has a blown motor and its auto :frowning: , so with that said im a noobie to subaru. im looking for a motor swap (if its in my budget turbo motor swap) and 5 spd swap so i was wondering who here can point me in the right direction, i googled a few things but nothing really helps me . im looking for motor name (like our famous sr20det) . web sites that sell these motors and performance parts like coilovers and exhaust blah blah blah. all the help would be nice thank you.

better open your wallet, subaru shit ain’t cheap.

EJ20 turbos can be had fairly inexpensively (JDM WRX 93+) but anything fancy like STI swaps, etc. are in the 5k+ range. and aren’t as easy to drop in as an SR into a 240.

EJ series motor - probably like a EJ255/ 257 for STI swap you’d want. EJ20 would be cheaper though.

Honestly i don’t know what your budget is but I was looking at doing sti v.9 swap into a GC8 and the cost is basically finding a crashed STI and taking EVERYTHING -engine, 6spd tranny, brembos, struts, DCCD, diffs either ecu or standalone. (6+ g’s) Selling off parts you don’t want will help offset but you would need alot.

For the car itself- subaruforester.org would probably be your best bet, but NASIOC.org
for STI motors/parts.

you going to finish this car this time?.. but talk to daniel dummy hes into subaru and stuff

02GD_Wagon

im prolly just going to do a basic motor swap non turbo id really like to do a 5spd swap tho

EJ25’s are cheap from an importer… I think most will be 5 speed and not auto.