240sx stock motor swap for turbo

Hi, I"m new to this site but have had nissan fever for as long as I can remember, I have a 1990 240sx that is looking for a new engine, preferrably a Turbo engine, would love some direction and some ball park prices…thank you for your time!

i hate to be a dick, but there are literally thousands of threads on this forum and google about engine swaps in 240’s that have a ton of info…

there are a couple of ppl selling KA-t setups right now. Just pick up a cheap KA for about 200 dollars and a used turbo assembly for 600 and there you go

The guy’s New to SON, Don’t be a dick, besides didn’t u pick up a car with an engine swap already done? hahaha so stay speechless =D

Im with breaker77 on this one!

TO: Satin Blue (balls) lol

The motor is called an SR20DET, it drops with a bit of wiring needed. You can get the motor from Varun, Tiger, Japan Direct, Toronto JDM or off of another member! Please stay away from questions like that or you are going to have to wear a flame suit! Look in the tech threads and such it will help alot. Get somebody with experience to look over the motor and do the proper test to see if it is proper. I am normally a dick about questions like these but I wont be because its a Sunday! Can you dig it? …SUCKAAAAA!

its cheaper to buy a car with an sr then to swap one bro.

and besides, i COULD swap an engine if i wanted to. within 5 seconds of google searching you can find full write ups

I would say get a dirt cheap KA back in there and turbo it… thats just because i like the fact that a KA-t typicaly has more torques then the SR but thats my opinion

single slammer turbo :slight_smile:

If your asking maybe its best not to get one? Just my thoughts

^well said… if i were you satin blue, i would keep the car the way it is for now, and start reading about 1) 240’s in general and 2) turbo engines.

and ughson – going KA-T is not as easy as ka + turbo assembly = drive
with the amount of money you will need to put into getting it tuned / running properly, you’ll be over 800