A/C Recharge?

i think my jetta needs an a/c recharge. its worked the past year and now since it’s getting warm out, it’s not all that cool. anywho, im aware it could be a leak, but im looking to possibly recharge it if it’s cheap to see. any leads? thanks.

Meh, if it needs a recharge its definitly leaking somewhere. There could be a lot more problems then “just a recharge”. Not familiar with VW A/C systems but the expansion valve could be shot or the compressor not working properly. But basically if you just want a re-charge most small shops will do it for <$100. I’d actually figure out the problem first though, especially if its a leak. Because you can recharge it today if its leaking but depending on the leak it could not work again tomorrow.

Just go to autozone and get one of those 30 dollar cans.

Should work just fine for a quick fix if the problem is with it being low.

yea i bought a can yesterday and ill put it in soon enough and see what’s up.

Ha, this thread reminds me. The A/C on my Jetta stopped working at the end of last summer. It was blowing cold right up until it just stopped working and the pressures look fine, so I get to go find the blown fuse/bad relay/bad pressure switch/bad compressor clutch. :tdown:

Maybe I’ll start that this weekend. It’s been a while since I’ve gotten intimate with my multimeter…