anybody charge ac on the side?

I need to get the ac charged on my truck and dont want to pay $120 minimum to get it done and I dont have the time to take it somewhere during the week.

Im just looking to get it charged. It blows somewhat cool but not cold.

I put a can of R-134a in it today and it didnt help much. Maybe because it was an old can that had been sitting around or some shit but its not cold.

Can anybody do it without taking it to shop?

Albany Speed Shop - $75. Open weekends.

closed at 1 according to their site. Maybe next Saturday if nobody else can but Ive got shit going on Saturday and would like to get it done before then.

I can charge AC all day but if there is a leak, the expansion tube is clogged, the receiver dryer is toast, or the compressor wont cycle then its useless.

the compressor works and I think its just got a real slow leak because it was fine last summer after being charged but just doesnt blow cold enough now.

Same thing in my focus. Just try a new can of refrigerant you fucking goof fuck

I already put a full can in it today and dont want to spend another $14+ on a can if it wont fix it. I already bought a $14 hose for it this morning.

If you put a full can in and it didn’t help then you need more work then a recharge and your leak got much worse.

just fix the issue… and stop using a bandaid fix

That Autozone refrigerant kills compressors, FYI.

I realized that I didnt put anything in it. I didnt back off the pin so nothing went in even though I thought it did. I tried again and it seemed to be cooler but I didnt drive the truck or let it run much after so I couldnt really tell.

As of last year no leak was found.

the fact that you need to refill a “sealed” system means there is a leak. r134a doesn’t just get used up and disappear

Have it checked with that die at a shop that knows what they’re doing. Fix it once and do it right the first time.

:facepalm you never dissapoint

Ive got no idea where it might be leaking from. I rarely use the ac but its nice to have when I want to use it.

If I can get by on a can of it I found in the garage so be it.

you sure do waste alot of money pjb

I had that done last year and no leaks were found. Same issue last year, cool, not cold.

Just have it recharged - in 6 years some could leak out naturally even though there’s no leak. You’ll know if there’s a leak after you recharge it because eventually the compressor will stop coming on :rofl

It also helps to run the a/c in the wintertime to keep the oil circulated and what not. On my car the a/c compressor kicks on whenever I turn on the defroster.

it is an 06 f150 pjb