A/C Repair Shops

Hey can anyone recommend a good A/C repair shop for me, possibly one that would do a free estimate on my car?

The previous owner seemed to think the condenser had a leak, but all I know is that when I push the button, it doesn’t light up. I went to Maxwell Auto in Brampton, and they want to charge me $40 just to take a look :\

To be honest with you, I wouldn’t take it anywhere else other than a Nissan dealer. It will cost more to look at and fix, that’s for sure. The truth is, they will fix it and it will work. If it’s an electrical problem, (which could easily be the case), they’ll find it the quickest.

I ended up paying 200 bucks last summer to fix my ac problem. They refilled the system, looked for leaks, and actually found out the problem (it was electrical). I think that was well worth it, considering it worked like a charm afterwards.

Yeah I assumed a stealership would rape me on this, but you’re right I should try them first… they are probably the most likely place to do a free estimate.

depends what dealership you go too … dont just assume because your going to the nissan dealership that your going to get the job done right.

there are many newly hired apprentaces that mess around with the cars.

not the mention that their labour cost per hour is like 90 - 100.

take it to a licenced mechanic who has experience with 240sx …

my mechanic quoted me $100 to get the AC fixed - he said he would first put a dye in in the system to test for leaks and then fill the gas if there werent any.

• does the AC light come on when u push the button?

Nope.

Fixing A/C is always expensive. They’ll tell you to pay $100 to put the dye in the check, if no leaks then recharge the system. But the truth is, there’s always a leak otherwise there wouldn’t be a problem in the first place (except electrical problem which is rarely the case) So after you already spend the $100, do you check spending money to fix it? If you don’t, then you waste that $100 just to check it.

This is the way these shops get you to fix the A/C. I have worked in a garage for a few years, never seen any A/C job less than $100, usually at least $300.