a few questions; coilovers, rims, body kits

ok, so i have a few questions…

what is the best streetable coilover? I plan to be adding coilovers to my car, but it will be my daily driver as well. ive been thinking about a set of Teins or Megan Racing…Ive heard Tein Basic’s are very close to the stock ride quality.

if i get coilovers, will the stock alloys clear them? i dont have any brake upgrades caliper wise.

and for all you people with body kits, how much did it cost to get them installed?

you may want to think about a nice spring and shock combo, especially if your going to drive it in the winter. I beleive the tein’s are only rated to a certain temperature, a friend of mine had them seize on him last winter, not sure about the megans but Canada’s winter is a biatch

yeah i was thinking about the shock combo, but ive heard that if you lower the car as much as i want to (around 2") then the shocks bottom out a lot. they also dont run thaaaat much less than coilovers…$500 for shocks, $225 for springs…coilovers are only about $400ish more, and if they ride better i think it’d be worth it. that and i live in burnaby, the winters arnt too harsh.

You are not going to find a coilover with a 100lb/in spring rating. If you are looking for ride quality just forget about coilovers altogether, it’s not worth it just to be able to say you have coilovers. Even if you could find one, it defeats the purpose of having them (unless you just want to go really low). A decent spring/shock setup sounds right for you.

And no, you will only have clearance issues with wide rims. Also, brakes make no difference in terms of coilover clearance.

Hey, coilovers do not give a better ride. My suggestion is to get rides in other 240sx’s experiencing multiple suspension setup’s.

coilovers are harsh. spring shock combo is the way to go. just go with sportlines along with any basic shock combo.

Tein Flex