coilovers/shocks&springs ? ?

wud up guys, ah i have a 89 240sx fastback , and i want to lower it sometime soon,

but i have been hearing so much shit , ppl say coils and others say shocks and springs, if i get coilovers i want the tein super street edtion , if i go towards springs and shocks i well still stay with tein , reasion why i was thinking coils is so i cant raise it for the winter

wut u guys think i should do ,

ez

shocks and springs unless you’re gonna track it.

coils aren’t worth the investment unless you actually make proper use of them.

it all depends what you want with your suspension…if you want a stock ride but just want to be cosmetically lower then shock and springs is for you…if you want track performance then go coil overs.

Coilovers and winter are a crappy combination. I’d go Shock/Spring if you plan on doing a lot of winter driving.

Shocks and springs can be fine on the track. My S13 has Tein S-Tech springs and KYB AGX shocks with adjustable dampening.

It handles nicely now that I have them set right. And I drive it in the winter and have not had a problem with being too low.

i have springs shocks 2" drop … my car just plowed thru this winter…all the storm snow days … theres nothing that stopped me… well the snow slowed me down and gave me a nice underbody rub… lol…

Your Answer comes in the form of a quesiton…

Do you have a Girlfriend?

If yes, Shocks and Springs will help you lower your car, and will help maintain the usage of your car for dates, social events and daily/nightly famale male interaction.

If no, Coilovers are your best bet, Great for the track, great for fun roads, ruff but worth every penny!

^ so true so true…my g/f doesn’t care though

thaks for the advice, wut to do with my car, know , where is a good place to go and buy the springs shocks camber kit ??? the place i went to just had gone under bussiness

phone number and name please

thaks for the advice, wut to do with my car, know , where is a good place to go and buy the springs shocks camber kit ??? the place i went to just had gone under bussiness

phone number and name please

honestly my gf doesnt mind the coilovers!

yeah, if you get good ones, set them up right and don’t live in downtown TO, they are quite nice.

theres already a thread for this.

GT