A Friendly Hello

Hey Every one, Im new to these forums obviously and pretty new to Nissan.
Ive been poking around buying one for the last year or so and Im finnaly trying to pick one up.
A little More about me im 20. Currently have an 89 CRX-SI and a 91 Blazer S-10. I work for G.E. Security as a Fire Alarm Tech. I have a slight bit of knowledge in the mechanic feild and i am very interested in learing more. Im trying to pick up a 91 NX 1600 Stock. I realise these cars are kinda far and few between and do not have much potential. How ever i do like the look and style of the car. Im pretty big into the experimentation and i as well would love to get more involved in the community.
Thanks, And Have a great Day.
:cheers2:

Hey man,

Welcome to the club. the NX is a funky looking little car. There was a turbo SR NX in the club a few years ago. Not sure what ever happend to it. Anyway look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome! and go for the NX2000 atleast you will have the 2.0L SR20DE motor over the little 1.6L GA16DE. And it will be much faster :slight_smile:

Actually i was hoping to do the swap my self. Kinda a Goal i would like to eventually work Twards however i imagine it will be difficult to find the correct engine!

Engine is not hard to find for it. However you would save a shit load of time and money if you just started with the NX2000 :slight_smile: and just built the engine up from there (gives you more money for upgrades hell almost even a turbo with the money you will save). But that’s my $0.02

Oh Hell If its that Big of a cost savings than mabey your $0.02 WIll turn in to $2000 lol

Just Saying. Maybe a poor example but an example non the less. lol.

You would pay around the same (im pretty sure alot more) for the engine, Tranny, ecu, wiring harness, (instrument cluster sometimes required), ect needed for the swap. Then you have all of your labour. Plus the purchase cost of the NX 1600. But if you want to practice engine swaping then have at it :slight_smile: