Hey!

Hello, I live in the Grove, my daily driver/fun car is an NX2K which is beginning to die a slow death from skin cancer. The major organs are still functioning fine and it is a blast to drive, but I am considering turning it into a winter beater(still sporting snow feet) and buying something with a little more giddyup for summer fun.

If the NX body had held up better I would have considered a DET swap. I have pretty reasonable performance expectations. Nothing crazy enough to compromise reliability but enough to put a stupid grin on my face. So now I am shopping…with all those goodies coming from Japan, who knows? Might be giving Typhoon(that new black 180 he has coming looks tasty) or other importers a call when I have my money stacked up…

Welcome to the site. Hope to see you at a Nissan meet.

Indeed, welcome.

You’re a Grover? Ewww… :E I live in Stony - wanna fight about it? :wink:

LoL. ^^^That’s Chris…our resident ass whomping person.

Welcome to the boards. Always nice to see some different cars! :smiley:

Ha, at least you will be close to the Hospital in Stony! :box

At least you are keeping the SE-R tradition alive, even if it is the Mexican edition as opposed to the original SR20 powered sweetness! I tested a new SE-R (not the Spec-V) and it didn’t feel any faster than my egg beater. I am sure the Spec would have been a major upgrade from the base SE-R.

My thoughts on my next car, if it’s a Nissan, are:

A. Find a rust free NX2000(unlikely) and do a turbo swap.

B. Buy a Sentra SE (SR20 again!) and do use it for a daily driver/commuter.

(As you can tell I am not a FWD hater - if you have ever driven a NX2000 you know they handle pretty nicely.)

C. Buy an nice turbo import. While the Skyline gets a lot of well deserved attention my thoughts were that it would be advisable to buy a car with a North American equivalent to make it simpler for parts. The 300ZX interests me, but the 180 seems like it would be more user friendly to work on.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to my line of thinking? Keep in mind I am not so much into a 12 second cars as I am into one that handles well and can get up and go when I put it down.

The Spec is an upgrade over the classic SE-R, no doubt. Way more power and torque - not to mention the LSD, suspension, and braking enhancements. Over the new SE-R, you get 10 more HP, better handling, bigger wheels, an LSD, and the 6 speed tranny - not too shabby at all. :slight_smile:

Most Skylines are overrated - the only ones worth having are the GT-R’s in my opinion, and the other RB20 skylines wouldn’t beat a 300ZX in the acceleration department. Handling wise, that depends on what your preferences are.

I would say go with a modified 240sx! They handle very well, are nice and light, and drive the proper wheels - the rear ones. :slight_smile:

And what’s wrong with Mexican craftsmanship? I wonder if there is a dead burrito in my door panel… :E

Welcome to the NECC! :hi