a little kitchen update

Good work for a good price. I must say that I hate the grout color. Everything else looks really good for what you put into it.

Agree with cuz jeller. Too many colors going on and the wood trim stands out too much. Go a couple degrees lighter than the wall paint on the baseboard and window trim and it will make a huge difference in the overall look. Limiting the color combinations keeps it cohesive.

Nice. But it’s not the same without the wall cocks. :frowning:

Outstanding.

Yeah the wood trim goes all the way around the house and I don’t have the motivation to tackle that yet. The grout is actually gray I don’t know why it looks white. I honestly wish I had gone darker with it but didn’t feel like redoing it. Thanks for the feedback guys

Nice work. Any changes to the lighting fixtures? I’m a fan of warmer lighting.

And +1 to painting the trim when you’re ready to tackle the project. It really sticks out.

great improvement for the $$$, but definitely some weird things going on.

• the microwave would make more sense above the range.
  • trim doesn’t go at all
  • looking into the glass cabinets and seeing a color that doesn’t go with anything is a little strange.

I agree about the trim standing out a little too much and painting the inside of that cabinet would definitely help things.

While we’re making suggestions…Remove the valence over the window

I’m pretty sure the microwave is not an over the range one.

if not then get a different one. really should have some kind of a hood after the range anyway

The cabinet might hang too low. You need 18 inches between the top of the stove and the bottom of the microwave. Also, he would need to run electric into the cabinet above, which he may not have the expertise to do. The kitchen is small, so it would be a huge benefit, but sometimes it just doesn’t work out.

looks good

If you want advise:

Reverse how the fridg opens
Go with an over the range micro wave ( i have a blk one you can have for $80 )
Swap the fan and put it above the kitchen table

Ugh. People on here annoy me. none of you will be at his house ever, who cares. everything is fine the way he did it. it is his house after all, if someone doesn’t like something they will realize it and change it.

The kitchen looks way better, and especially for how much money you spent :tup:

Then why did he post his work?

The internet is the toughest critic.

Good work so far with the modest budget. More money for car mods.

This mentality is why my build thread is locked. Just saying

Kitchen looks great man.

Deebo was the first one to make a comment about the result, then saying that people are being critical. Not being critical, just suggestions based on experience. I would hope others would post suggestions if I posted on a car build. Just trying to be helpful.

From someone who formerly wanted to just share really cool stuff he was doing…it is super annoying to get armchair critique from everyone online.

My post has nothing to do with what deebo said. I don’t want this to turn into a big debate and to derail the thread. I just think people should be a little less critical on here is all. Most people on here are just a hobbyist proud of whatever they have just done and wanting to just share it for people to see. They know they are not professionals and are certainly aware that some will have done it different.

ok everyone stop bickering!!

i get it, the molding doesn’t look the best. i already stated that it will be adressed at a later time. as everyone knows, buying a house and fixing it up is a never ending process. i probably won’t even paint the existing molding, i will just replace it with new stuff. the molding in the whole house, all the interior doors, and the built in linen cupboard and drawers are the same color so it wasn’t as simple as “just paint the molding in the kitchen.” that’s why it wasn’t done, so let it go.

to the people telling me to put the microwave over the stove; not gonna happen. i think it would hang down too low in relation to the stove top.

as for changing which way my fridge opens, i’m just going to disagree with that. anonymity, if you are looking at the front of the fridge, do you know what side the hinge is on? just wondering.

as for the valence needing to be cut, i agree but the motivation just isn’t there yet.

thanks for all the feedback, good and bad. i’m a big boy, i can take it.