a little kitchen update

i bought my first house a few months ago. it was owned by an elderly woman and it showed. just thought i’d share some before and after pics of the work i did in the kitchen. hopefully it motivates someone to tackle their own diy! sorry for the shitty iphone pics, it’s all i have.

before:

disclaimer: i have never done any construction work in my life. i borrowed a tile saw from a friend and did some reading, this is the result:

total cost< $1000 including appliances!!

~$450 for floor (no labor, did it myself)
~$75 in paint for walls and cabinets (no labor, did it myself)
~$50 hardware for cabinets (no labor, did it myself)
~$50 for backsplash materials (no labor, did it myself)
$280 for super clean (read: practically brand new) gas range off craigslist
~$75 microwave
traded beige fridge for stainless to a friend who was just using it in his garage
+$25 sold old stove on cragslist

nothing crazy, but you guys seem to enjoy this kind of stuff so i thought i’d share.

Muchhhh better Tup

Good use of your money. You could have spent ten times that amount with the same result. :tup:

X…

White grout is going to suck. Seal it really well before it turns brown/gray from dirt.

Huge improvement. Now move your plastic cups to a cupboard that doesn’t have a glass door.

beer pong cups FTW

Awesome!!! Great work!!!

Nice work. :tup:

Luke, the layout of this kitchen seems identical to yours???

definitely a nice little equity boost. Good Job.

Nice job. Big improvement for the money.

Any thoughts on painting trim white?

So much nicer! Good Job

Definitely a lot more modern.

Funny, I thought the same thing…and then got an idea.

Dude why would you get rid of the rooster backsplash?

No one wants Cock in their Kitchen…

Not on his walls anyways…

Why would you paint the trim white? All of the baseboard connects. Unless you’re some sort of pollack and you wanted half and half.

Cause the window stands out too much and that is more than likely not going to change.

cut the bottom of the window valence, shit looks dated as balls