a question for darkstar and maybe a few others

When i go down to myrtle beach this summer im thinking about fishing from the beach with shrimp or something. Do people do this, are you allowed to, do you catch anything? I dont think ive ever seen anyone fishing from the shore before unless they go very early in the morning which i guess would make alot of sense.

in myrtle there is good fishing at night from the shore. you will have a blast

what did you use and what did you catch if you dont mind me asking and do the waves keep you from gettin your bait out far enough to catch fish?

sorry if these are dumb questions never wnet saltwater fishing before

use squid

quik?

eel is good to use too. the waves acutally hold the bait out there. you have to get it past where they break though.

it’s legal to fish from the beach without a liscence. use squid

:dunno:

I know people surf fish on Assateague, but I dont know if its allowed on the commercial sections of beach or not. Cant say that I’ve ever seen anyone doing it though.

Do not fish in myrtle beach!..go to north myrtle if u waqnt to fish…i used to have a condo there and i caught everything at night there,some guy actually caught a tiger shark from the ol peir there at my condo. But yes…use squid if u want something good.

we fished from the sand at newsymerna beach in florida when i was like 12 using shrimp and bait casters with like 3 lb weights on the end to get them out there . it was a private beach so i guess it was allowed but my old man caught a baby hammer head probally about 2 foot long… we did not khow whay to do with it so this old guy came and thumped it on the head to kill it

3lb weights??? 2oz weight is enough to bend the tip of the rod there is no way you were throwing 3lbs baitcasting

he probably meant 3oz.

squid is good, but don’t forget softshell crab

When I lived in Connecticut we used to go to the shore to fish. I think we used Eel.

I hate fishing.

we were just there this summer for a wedding, tons of people fishing at night…and tons of people getting stung by jellyfish during the day. The lifeguards were walking/driving around and they all had spraybottles of ammonia for the people who were getting stung. Thing is, people would SEE other people get stung, watch them get sprayed down by ammonia, and still go in the ocean or let their kids in there. :ugh:

North myrtle beach is WAY nicer than Myrtle Beach!

I have never been stung by jelly fish… they are only in the water up there when it is Warm. So… for like 3 weeks out of the year there are jellyfish on the northern shores… you must have gotten te lucky time of the year… I’m so scared of Jellyfish… but yea- people fish all the time off the shore up there!

cause its smells like ur underwear?

:rofl: :rofl:

Anyways, I’ve seen people fishing in Ocean City at night from the beach… A couple of years ago this guy was doing it and had an inflatible pool on the beach with him and had a couple of small sand sharks in there that he caught. It was pretty cool…

Make sure you’ve got an ocean fishing rod or something, I dont think an ugly stick or an ultralight for ponds or streams is going to work in the ocean.

you can get away with the big ugly stick…depends on what you are doing

its no surf rod but it can be used. a friend of mine & my grandfather use to use them in the bay all the time.