well I hooked into a 8ft oceanic nlack tip shark....

Me and the wifey are down here in Myrtle beach. Every year we go to the cherry grove pier to go fishing. We have caught some cool shit, and have seen some cooler shit. Today alot of people were catching king mackerels, that were a good 20lbs or so. Well, I ended up hooking into a 200lb+ shark.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkwvHLEuK5c[/ame]

a kid that works at the pier, told me my only chance was to walk to the beach. He was walking ahead of me, telling people to pull up their lines, so I had a clear run.

I fought him for a good two minutes or so before jennie even started video taping. We were all the way at the end of the pier, which is over a 1/4 mile out off the beach. He jumped 6 or 7 times, spinning trying to break my line. You can see him at the 1:06 mark if you pause it, and look in the right corner. You can see him jump clear out of the water. When he did this, he spun and broke my line. I was getting pretty close to the beach, where I would have had to jump off the pier, then wade in the water and try to get him onto shore. I only fought him 5 minutes or so, and my arms were numb. The scary thing is, there were 4 of these, when I hooked into the 1, and this guy pinned it towards the beach where there were hundreds of people swimming. Pretty freaky shit.

nice! I remember walking that pier and seeing some people reel in some good stuff. crazy dude!

Stayed right near there a few weeks ago

KOTO king of the ocean!!!

Cool story, bro. I just caught 3 sharks in the Kaydeross creek, they broke the line and got away but I have a video to prove it. It doesn’t show the sharks, though.

One time, i went fishing in key largo, then headed to montego. Hooked a sock and a great white. Good day when all was said and swimming away.

I go deep sea fishing out of Watch Hill Harbor in RI. Last time I went we traveled out to the Grand Banks for shark. We caught 8 sharks total, the biggest was a 15ft blue shark and we also had an 10ft mako which would have made us $$$ but it cut the line half way in.

The blue shark took 3 guys 2 rotations each to reel in.

http://gifsforum.com/images/image/cool%20story%20bro/grand/cool_story_bro_shark.jpg

I don’t believe it! Two barrels, and he’s going down again!

http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/jaws_flotation_barrels.jpg

unless i read this wrong

lolz u tried to walk the shark over to the beach where there were hundreds of ppl swimming

isnt the black tip shark a south pacific shark, i dont thing they are really around the atlantic. too cold.

i think we’re gonna need a bigger pier

you need to watch shark week my friend.

other then that, this forum sucks now. Soooo longggg fuckersssssssssss

I’ll believe it when I see it.

you should play the lottery then because the odds of one going all the way around south america an into the atlantic for nothing that it needs is about as common as me find a great white pool.

:ponder

Go start KOTO.com :rofl

Oh look everyone on shift is a shark expert too…thats impressive.

After a quick google search, there are over 40 shark species found in myrtle beach. One of which, is the BLACK TIP. How do I know that it was a black tip? well I saw him hit my bait, a foot below the surface. I do just so happen to know enough about sharks that if it has a black tip on its dorsal fin, I think its a black tip. The wifey and others said it was a black tip as well.

little is known about the migration about sharks, however enough is known that during this time of year, the sharks travel in currents along the shore lines for thousands of miles in search for warmer waters, breeding grounds etc.