A snap shot of why racing is fun

This 1 minute video is the perfect snap shot of how “slow” cars on what some would call a “boring” track had nothing to do with the quality of racing. You don’t have to be racing an Enzo at spa to have fun. :thumbup

Enjoy!

Smash Miata. Far better videos of those wacks out there. Often you find one driver thinking he’s the pinball and the others are the bumpers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvNylkt0uvc&playnext=1&list=PL73A57668F1581586 :slight_smile:

LOL, bump drafting is a must with those cars…

those are some heavy hits!!!

Man that looks like an absolute blast.

I didn’t have that much fun in the skip barber Miata around LR.

First vid isnt even out of the norm. That’s the status quo for how close and fun Spec racing is.

How do different manufacturers end up on the track at the same time in a spec race?

Spec Miata is just one class, there are usually several on track at the same time in most regions. Big races with big fields might get their own race group but its uncommon. Usually it’ll be a few fast classes with a few slow classes, but no one is super close in speed so there’s a better chance the classes wont be racing each other when they get close. The faster cars will just zoom by.

I just figured Spec Miata being as big as it is, having enough membership on a typical spec race to occupy the whole track.

Considering the limitations on the Spec classes I’m surprised the Miatas were passing anybody on the straights :lol

Those got pass are probably SS cars and given the position of those cars being passed they are probably fighting for pos, hence might be losing a lot of momentum going into downhill or even the west bend.

Cuz you were in the passenger seat and only got one or two laps in lol.