AAA Drops the ball

Doesn’t seem like he would have based on his “WTF do you do when…”

You’re right though, what’s done is done. I just want him to think twice the next time he gets into a death machine and drives it with ZERO visibility.

• Updated - - -

You’re worse than OP. All for a consulting gig. Talk about a waste of risk.

I’m not in Amherst or Williamsville like you guys, I work in Langford, 2 lane country road, nothing but open farm fields, 3-5 foot ditches on each side, I have driven them daily for the past 10yrs without incident, last night was a non stop white out, there was no place to pull and it did not stop

I get the feeling you guys think I’m some stroke out driving in a blizzard to get mighty taco on niagara falls blvd, my work is health care, I had the chance to leave, if I didn’t and other shifts called in it is possible I could have been stuck there for days, I know the roads like the back of my hand & have proper snow tires, I have made the trek in the winter hundreds of times, it goes to show, shit does happen and mother nature > you

Cocoa

Properly prepared and accepted all risks that come with the trip :slight_smile:

Beer > Cocoa/coco

I didn’t know there was anything in Langford but tractor pulls?

there pretty much isn’t

Perfect, when you get back you are going to open a forex account and begin trading! I’ll see if AAA has any discount coupons for you.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/trust2buy88/Coco001.jpg

http://viliflik.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/hot-chocolate.jpg

One is a tasty treat covered in cream…the other one is a giant whore…in a glass.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k489/WalkEvilTalk/Picture2-7.png

There can’t be two Kokos

I came to a complete stop a couple times last night. Pussy move, but I stayed out of the ditch.

I’m guessing that’s been shaven.

I’ve known tow truck drivers that have worked 40 straight hours after conditions that weren’t nearly this bad. Not sure it’s legal but it happens. That said, you haven’t waited that long considering the conditions. I hit true 0 visibility driving to work like a week ago along route 5 leaving the city and it is crazy, especially when you’re moving along and it just hits you.

If it was my wife I’d want someone to help her if she was alone, especially cause I’d help someone if I could. But, considering the conditions it seems reasonable that no one could come help you. I would have driven home though.

The majority of people can’t help themselves. If this were me I’d call a buddy to get me out. Know anyone with a truck, possibly one with a winch? I know this is the reason to have AAA, but you are at their whim and that is the deal. Want it done at your convienience you have to do it yourself.

Good observation. That chocolate atop the cocoa definitely looks to be shaven.

on a side note I just ordered a 5 piece at KFC and only got 4 pieces, 911 said it would take an hour to get there, WTF is this world coming to

I’m so happy I derailed this thread.

That’s what I was talking about.

Go to Popeye’s.

Usually tow truck drivers are exempt ESP in times of emergency, and many don’t carry a logbook anyway. Nevermind that they are generally overweight anyway when transporting a vehicle (single axle trucks)

Best thread derail, smash one and sip the other lmao

The point of this post is that you can’t assume a service you pay for is going to actually be there to help you out in a time of need and that you should be well prepared because accidents do happen. Not that hard to understand. It wasn’t “OMG feel sorry for me and take my side”

I saw on the news the other day that an old man fell over while shoveling and had a heart attack(last Friday I think when it was 8degrees); neighbors called 911 almost immediately and rural metro never showed up because “they were too busy”

I wouldn’t rely on any form of public service during these conditions.