ABOUT TIME!!!!

http://www.wpri.com/dpps/news/strange_news/30-mile-police-chase-never-tops-45-mph-ob11-jgr_3979594

I want to see MORE of this!!! :bowdown

Old ballsuckers

Dude prolly didn’t realize the cops were even there.

:rofl

I just picture a little old man with his blue blockers on in a crotchety old voice looking in his rearview yelling “GO AROUND!”

we need cops like that on the northway by the twin bridges from 4-7 everyday. Fuck the morons that cause that backup every single day.

Buick, Lincoln, or Mercury?

Cadillac is a possibility as well. But for this, I think I’m gonna vote on Buick.

:rofl

they were talking about these situations on the radio the other day…

+1 for people over 65 or so to take a road test and eye exam every 6 months or have license revoked!

+2
Clear the roads of half deads

+3

I think I’ve said this in the past in other politics threads or bad driver threads…

NY has 11.28 million people with licenses (2010 statistics)…

If you make everyone 65+ retake the exam every 2 years for a small fee of $20 per exam…that’s $$$ for the state. Meaning, screen their eyesight, knowledge, etc. and then either pass/fail them.

If you make everyone between 16-65 retake it every 5-10 years, that’s more money for the state. Just stagger the dates so like everyone with a lastname of a-c or whatever goes in one year, etc.

That would bring in a boat load of money for the state. People who fail would then be forced to use mass transit or other means of transport and that would mean even more money for the state.

With a smart government who has spending under control, that could actually mean NYS might make some money.

I have no problem retaking the test every 5 years or whatever for $20 (or more). Doesn’t bother me one bit.

:ohnoes i actually agree with this… wtf?

i agree, but not the 16-65 part. no way should i have retake my road test every 5 years. no way. i would be game for people having to take eye tests or physicals more often, but certainly not an other road test every 5 years.

this ok your good to drive for the next 7 years at the older ages is not a good thing. just because a 70 year old does fine and passes doesnt mean hell be ok at 71, but with a 7 year license hell be out there driving anyways.

Well obviously there is other ways of doing it, but that’s just an idea that personally I would love to see implemented.

Maybe road test for the old folks and the written test/eye exam for the young folks.

There’s always flaws to either end of the spectrum. The way it’s set up now basically you drive until you give the state a reason to take your license away. Which unfortunately means you end up either hurting yourself or someone else.
But if you engaged in a system of testing every XXX amount of years or at a certain age (Which I strongly agree with) You’d get people complaining how the state is being a “Nanny” to them and would cause any politician to lose a lot of votes from the older voters. And let’s face it who are the majority of the voters who actually cast a ballot come election time, its not the younger people?

Yeah I see can see that point. Definitely people 40+ vote more than those who are 21 or 22, etc.