ABS Removal, BOV Vaccum Correct? Input Needed

Hey everyone, so I recently deleted my ABS unit and my speedometer doesn’t work now. I’ve made sure the wires are good, the VSS looks fine so I’m just wondering if the ABS is wired to the speedo some how. Its a 1993 Nissan 240sx coupe. Also I have my BOV hooked up to the two metal lines off the intake (they were for emissions put I tore all that stuff out) its the 2 metal lines near the purple pug on the rear of the intake, kind of hard to describe without posting a pic, but my BOV doesn’t seem to be working as I hear quit a bit of turbo flutter. I’m only running 5psi but I’m not sure how to tell if the BOV is working. Its a Turbonetics atmospheric so I should hear it somewhat. I did check to see if there is vaccum on the line I hooked it up to and I can feel it but maybe there isn’t enough? Thanks.

Is this a KAT?

It is now lol

I dont know about the ABS it doesnt sound right to me.

Yeah i had a huge conversation about bov mine was doing the same before. first off you T it off at the back of the plenum. there should be a vacume line that comes straight from the plenum T off from there not anywhere else. the other spots could be hooked up or disconnected from vacuum pressure because of the valves back their, or you could have intermittent vacuum as the valves open and close depending on ECU info.

I was using an seq atmospheric BOV and it did the same didnt open much and fluttered like hell. I switched to a plunger style and ran it recirculated. if you have a programmable ECM or SAFC that supports the Atmospheric BOV then great otherwise you may have to run recirculated.

So this is how it worked for me. I had a seq BOV it didnt work worth shit didn’t open enough to release the air to stop fluttering. The car also started to stall and flood after shifting and doping the clutch. the air was escaping the BOV so the engine thought it had more air then it really did so it would flood. the fluttering is because even though some air was being released from the BOV and causing rich and flooding conditions still not enough was released to stop fluttering. So I switched to a plunger style BOV recirculated when its recirculated it stops the flooding. and the plunger style seem to work better with the engine. if i disconnected the one end i could see the plunger move in and out. but it was open at idle. So my fluttering is reduced now with this new BOV and the flooding is gone but thats just it the fluttering is not completely gone. and i been running this setup for about 6 months and works great. i can even hear the turbo spool down for like 30 seconds after i turn the engine off. so no damage after 6 months of turbo fluttering.

i would suggest a large BOV 1’ opening all they way through mine is about 3/4 inch and its too small.

Hmm, ok thanks for the input. So about the ABS, I was just thinking the ABS would have to know your vehicles speed in order to calculate how to work properly right? So it would go VSS, to the plug, then to another plug that would plug into the ABS, then where? If so I could just by pass the plugs and go straight from point A to point B. Any help anyone?

i ripped abs out of a couple 240s and never had this problem…the speedo should just go from tranny to lower harness

ABS has nothing to do with the VSS wire. Common issues for the speedo are the speedo itself or the VSS. I have a S13 speedo ill give you for $10, its not that hard to swap it out of your original cluster.

Ok thanks, Ill try putting in another VSS from another one of my 240’s and see if that works. Thanks everyone