Acceleration problem

Ok, I have a problem and its going to be difficult to explain. Hopefully somebody can identify it.

Ok, so when I start to drive, first and second are very hesitant. So what this means, is when I push on the gas and rev it past 2k rpm. The car seems to drop a few rpm then go up then drop, its a very slight drop wouldnt even notice on the tach. But anyways, its annoying, and I am very paranoid that something is going to break.

oh, I have a stock ka, just a AEM intake.

Check MAF. Will the car let you go past 2500 RPM? Because I believe if you disconnect the MAF or there is a bad signal from it the motor will not let you go past 2500 RPM, as it is in protection mode or something like that.

Sounds similar to a vacuum leak, check all your vacuum hoses that lead to the AIV.

Hmm, ok. Its not the maf, although my maf does often come loose and I lose all power to the car.

:lol: well that always helps. :P, then yeah spray your engine bay down with some soapy water and check for bubbling around it, then wash your engine down. It’ll help you locate vacuum leaks. Make sure to keep it running though while doing so.

spraying brake cleaner around all the vaccum lines while the car is running works better, if the idle picks up, wherever your spraying the cleaner is being sucked into the engine there.

Ok, thanks for the help Ill try that tomorrow. So brake cleaner in the engine is ok?

you can also use a propane torch that is not lit and go over all or your vaccum lines, similar to brake cleaner, less mess.

I prefer soap and water, I power wash bay’s alot, really helps to clean up the look of the car and engine.

Intake problem. I.E MAF or leak.

Found the problem. My valve cover gasket blew. oil was leaking into my spark plugs.

Thanks for the help guys :slight_smile:

Always better when you can see the car.

Good job.