Accident on Wash Ave Ext

I tottalled my shit on wash ave ext doing stupid shit with my old honda . sucks

Very sad. Imagine being in that house, that’s one way to wake up.

What a tragedy.

The first sentence second to last paragraph:

“The 2003 Ford Mustang Frost was driving ended up slammed the Chevrolet up against a house”

A+ proof reading job. :retardclap
[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Turns out they WERE racing. Saying it started near crossgates…

COLONIE – A dare to race each other led to a fatal crash between friends, Colonie police said.

Russell Frost and Bryan Cross were longtime buddies; they are pictured sitting together in the cafeteria in the 2004 Colonie Central High School yearbook.

They were together again Saturday night. At some point, police said, they apparently decided to race each other to an unknown destination, starting from somewhere near Crossgates Mall.

Neither made it. According to police, at 9:50 p.m. Saturday, Frost blew past a stop sign at Washington Avenue and Oak Street in Colonie and crashed into a 1992 Chevrolet sedan driven by Cross. Cross had to be cut from his car. He suffered internal injuries and died later at Albany Medical Center Hospital.

“They were friends,” said Colonie Police Sgt. Robert Donnelly. “They were basically in a hurry to get to the same place.”

Cross, 23, was driving north on Washington Avenue, and Frost was heading east on Oak Street in a 2003 Ford Mustang.

“They weren’t side by side like at Daytona,” Donnelly said. “We believe they were headed to the same destination and may have been trying to beat each other.”

Frost, 24, was charged with driving with ability impaired by an unknown stimulant and will likely face additional charges, including vehicular manslaughter, Donnelly said. He was arraigned in Colonie Town Court Monday and the case was adjourned until March 29.

Police will try to obtain records from the “black box” device in Frost’s car, which would have recorded the car’s actions. Cross had an older car not equipped with the device, Donnelly said.

This isn’t the first time Frost was charged with driving while ability impaired. In 2006, he was arrested on the same charge in Guilderland, Department of Motor Vehicles records show. He paid a $300 fine and received a conditional discharge.

Cross had his license suspended in 2006 over speeding charges.

Cross was wearing a seat belt at the time of Saturday’s crash, but his older model car was not equipped with air bags. Frost’s car slammed into the driver’s-side door, crushing Cross.

“The only one I think would have done him any good was a side air bag,” Donnelly said.

According to his obituary, Cross worked as a supervisor at Bargain Outlet. He had been accepted to start toward a bachelor’s degree in education this fall at SUNY Cortland.

Susan O’Hare, Cross’ aunt, lives three doors down from the accident scene. She went down to see what had happened but didn’t realize her nephew was killed until news reports Monday morning.

“He was a good kid,” O’Hare said. “He would help you out.”

Neighbors complained that the street is often the scene of speeding.

O’Hare said action needs to be taken to stop speeders who plague the area.

“I really hope that something can be done about people blowing through the stop signs at this corner,” she said. “There are accidents at this intersection all the time.”

In January 2006, two trucks collided at the same intersection. One of them then hit a stop sign and retaining wall and sheared off the corner of a rear porch at 15 Washington Ave. before hitting the garage there.

Donnelly said he has never received a call to complain about that intersection. He said it will be monitored now if neighbors want.

“I am not sure another stop sign would have made a difference,” the police sergeant said, because Frost went through the stop sign.

The wake for Bryan Cross will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at McVeigh Funeral Home in Albany. The funeral will be at 9 a.m. Thursday at St. Clare’s Church.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=909357&TextPage=2#ixzz0hi4DWH2T

Dumbass kids

Unknown stimulant? That could be a cup of coffee for all we know.

That’s sucks.

how are they missing the stop sign? I am not aware of that road/intersection? Is the sign at the bottom of a hill or hidden behind tree branches or something?

RIP for the other kid, who knows if they were really “racing” it sounds shady… but it doesnt really matter. Young and stupid i guess. sorry to read about it

This also means that town and area will be cracking down, watch out if your on the ext or anything like that.

yepp just another reason for the cops to be on the lookout for us…

They were racing but driving the opposite way and hit head on? :crazy Something doesn’t make sense

mustang hit cavi in driverside door, they were racing to a location on diff roads one blew a stop sign and the other hit…side swiped n pushed into some1s yard/house