Be careful out there tonight

A pumpkin and some flowers mark the site of a fatal crash on Lishakill Road.

“They came across the yard, hit the tree and something must have cut the front end of the car off,” said Bryan Gebhardt. He owns the home where the car came up on the yard.

Police say that Crystal Vanepps, 21, of Colonie and the car’s driver, Timothy Reichel, 31, also of Colonie were thrown from the car and taken to Albany Medical Center. Vanepps died of her injuries as Reichel was charged with DWI.

People who knew Crystal Vanepps tell us off camera that she leaves behind a young child. Police tell us that they were told she was pregnant with another. She is being described as a good mother, nice person, a big loss.

“I did see a young girl lying there, I thought it was my daughter so I was panicked at that point,” said Gebhardt.

It was not his daughter, but he says the scene was extremely unnerving.

“When I see this crash site right here it makes me so sad that it was someone I knew,” said Renee Chandler.

She did not know Vanepps, but says she did knew Reichel for years. She says he is a father to three children. When she heard he was involved, she was shocked.

“It’s an unfortunate thing that happened but I hope it’s a lesson that teaches young kids and people not to drink and drive,” said Chandler.

“My heart goes out to that family, both families for this tragedy,” said Gebhardt.

Reichel was taken to Albany Medical Center with leg, hip and facial injuries. Police say speed may also have been a factor in this crash. Other charges are pending as police continue to investigate.

If you have any information on this crash Colonie Police want you to call them at 783-2744.

How fucking sad. I went to high school with Crystal, and she was actually in one of my classes every year from 9-12. I was absolutely speechless when I read that she was killed last night.

Rest In Peace.

Damn kid. Sorry to hear about that shit. Fucking drinking and driving is ridiculous

and it is always the passenger that dies. Shit is fucked up. I wish people would think for a second before they decide to take a drive drunk.:banghead

Go-karts need not apply.

Crystal had blonde hair? right ?

yeah

really sad

RIP …this is why I cab it if i hit downtown

Yeh i graduated with her, really sad. RIP

didnt know her. still sucks because ive lost a friend to a drunk. suckes even more thought because she had a kid(s?)

RIP. I knew everyone involved, as well as Crystals brother. Fucking senseless

RIP. Such a shame and happened way to close to home

heard this on the news while sitting in the icu with my fiance. very sad

RIP

So sad, this is why I pay $20.00 for a cab. Just not worth it. RIP

i was sitting at home and i get a text from my buddy steve. his fam owns the farm right there. tells me that there was a fatal accident and the car and person was cut in half. blood everywhere etc etc. he happened to be over there when it happened i guess and said they wanted to interview him but he declined.

ok, so the fucking asshole must have been booting it around the corner then just gunned it, hit a bump and the loose ass suspension made the car catch some air, and he lost control. the car hit 2 trees cutting one in half. now this tree was about a foot and a half in dia. this boggles my mind!!! the fucking momentum it takes to take a tree like that down is intence!!!

thats what im thinking. i basicly grew up right there so i know that road/ specific spot very well. also herd from a reliable source she might have been pregnant.

RIP and i hope the driver goes to the worst place imaginable. die u fuck

R.I.P just awful

This is what i saw from 890 going to and coming back from the Bier Garten. So fucked up. RIP

My woman knew both parties involved. I guess I met the guy one time when we were out drinking, but I dont remember him. Stupid shit. This is why I always either have a DD or pay a cab. A $20-30 cab ride is way cheaper then the consequences, even if you dont get in a accident and just get pulled over.

http://www.cbs6albany.com/sections/article/gallery/?pic=8&id=1279871

Those pictures make me sick. How fucking fast do you have to be going in order to uproot a tree of that size and slice your car in half? Not 30mph, that’s for sure.