ADD/ADHD

It’s been around forever man, however it’s awareness among society grew drastically in the 90’s. Just because you didn’t hear about it as a schoolboi doesn’t mean others haven’t.

Amphetamine has been around for a long time. People used it in the 60’s while at war (still do today) and housewives back then used to take them to increase their productivity in the home. In 71 amphetamines and methylphenidate became Schedule II drugs as mandated by the FDA. It’s in the same category as cocaine, MDMA, etc.

I’ve researched this topic to death before I decided to go on medication. Even then, medication is only a band aid and isn’t a cure all for the disease.

Am I typing in Russian or something?

Let me try again.

Whether we are more aware of it now or not, people abuse it and use it as an excuse to get drugs, to be lazy, to let their kid do whatever the hell he wants, etc. At least that’s how I see it.

I’m not saying everyone who has “ADD” or “ADHD” is full of it and is faking it.

Fuck this ADHD shit in the ass. I know some people on meds for this and it really fucks with them. It makes them someone they really arent. It gives them nightmares and mood swings. It doesn’t make them any smarter, just more alert/attentive.

IMO you can train yourself to be more alert/attentive without drugs. That was the good ole days, if I was doing shitty in school, I’d get my ass beat. Not sent to the doctors to get drugged up.

Where are you getting the information to back your claims on “how you see it”, exactly? The reason I and many other people can’t stand your opinions is because you state something that goes directly against a known fact.

Please, show my the reputable source you got the information from to come to your “logical” conclusion?

Of course some people are going to abuse the system, as is the case with everything else in this world. But for you to make a claim that people use ADD/ADHD as a “crutch” or excuse goes to show your extreme ignorance, in conjunction with the other countless posts that you show your “opinion” on something you know nothing about.

A ‘reputable source’ to backup an ‘opinion’? A ‘reputable source’ is only needed to backup a ‘fact’. Notice the quotations. Those are called keywords. If you notice, in the majority of my posts, I make sure to state that those respective posts are my opinion. Not facts. Why do you (and some other people) have such an issue with people having an opinion different from yours on some matter(s) (this doesn’t apply to just me. I’ve seen some of you folks bash others for their thoughts)? You are more than welcome to ignore posts by me. Won’t hurt my feelings. Trust me.

Anyway…sorry Chris for making this thread something else. People just can’t handle the fact that I don’t agree with them. I hope your condition gets better.

Last post in this thread.

Stating the following is an opinon:

" I personally think that most people I have met are using ADD as an excuse to get drugs "

Which is fine. Noone can argue that.

Stating the following in NOT an opinion:

" Most people who say they have ADD are only using it as an excuse"

Which is not fine because you are stating is as you would a fact of which I could find 1000000 reputable sources that can scientifically prove you are wrong. Which makes your opinion, not an opinion. It makes you WRONG.

I have to disagree. I have been trying for over a year now to find some possible way to beat this on my own and it actually made it worse. I agree that a lot of people use it as an excuse, but there are some of us that really have the issue and cannot control it.

Fixed

Maybe you cant beat it because you’ve had it for so long. Its burned into your lifestyle so much now that it just makes it harder to correct. Maybe 10 years ago it would of been easier?

Ilya, don’t give up. :rofl

The problem with your “opinions” is usually they’re ass backwards and you shoot from the hip.

I never say this about people, because it’s a horrible thing to say… But you’re the type of person who needs to have a life changing event (for the worse) to recognize how foolish your views on things are… Again, get off your horse and stop acting like you’re above us. You’re not.

And you know what, I’d love to see you last a day in my shoes… Maybe people like me (who use wheelchairs) use that as an excuse to get drugs and other medications… right??? Am I using my condition as a crutch???

Your biggest problem is you have tunnel vision and don’t think before you speak.

Sorry again, OP and Offroad… I just can’t stand to listen to this kid spew out his “opinions” on topics he never has had real life experience with, only what’s hes read.

I’m peoples biggest cheerleader for making decisions to better their lives. I’m glad to see you guys are handling your business for you and your families.

It can (and eventually will) lead to severe depression and/or a nervous breakdown if left untreated for an extended period of time. Mainly because you try SO hard to focus and function like everyone else, yet keep failing time and time again.

Depression alone is also a disease. Feeling upset because your car broke down or the fact that you broke up with your GF isn’t depression. It’s a chemical imbalance in the brain and needs to be treated before it ruins your life for good.

It’s also inherited through genetics. After I was diagnosed with it, my father later on found out that he has it as well. We’re actually both on the same prescription for it and it has worked wonders for both of us. I’m at a much higher dose though, just because of how my body metabolizes certain substances. Just because 10mg of x works for someone doesn’t mean 10mg of x will be just as effective for another individual, regardless of weight, height, age, automotive brand preference, etc

Also, don’t be sorry for voicing your opinions. I want feedback from you people.

I’m aware that this is shift518… lol

Both my little brothers have ADHD and are on the little mentally ill side so i have some experience with it… not fun to say the least when they dont take their pills

I did it, I just called my Doc back and either have an appointment next week (if she wants to see me) or she is just going to call me back and set up a follow-up for a month or so to see how it is working. Thanks for starting this thread to remind me to call… lol. I know exactly what you mean about it leading further. It was already starting to quite frankly piss me off b/c I kept fucking up at work. Luckily I had good coworkers that were picking up my mistakes on things that I missed b/c of jumping back and forth between different jobs/projects.

http://www.bulknutrition.com/images/SlimXtreme.gif

Hey Chris, I wasnt being a dick, I was on Ritalin for some time. Along with some other anti-depression shit. Its a long story… I was just mentioning that you were not the only one.

If you have ADD you have ADD, it’s as simple as that. No amount of telling someone with ADD to “sit down and do work” will cure it, it’s a mental condition. Plenty of people fake it to get meds, to get attention, to get out of things, etc. but nearly EVERY medical and some physical conditions have imitators. Just because there’s a ton of fakes doesn’t mean the condition doesn’t exist.

Ilya, gotta call you on this one brothah, normally I stay out of the Ilya bashings but I have to say your opinion on this is RETARDED. “I never heard of it until recently, it must not exist.” “A lot of people fake it, that means no one has it.”

Phail.

I take zoloft and I guess that also helps treat ADD symptoms.

He was off my Ignore list for quite some time due to the lack of fail on the forums lately.

I tried, I really did, but he earned his spot back on the list as of this thread.