Advantage points FTW

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/tmpphpwtn1Hn.jpg
:bigthumb:

93 to Boot

yay for shitty gas. 90% of cars the crank over and wont start (seems like a bad fuel pump… but you can hear the pump priming.) have gotten gas at get go last. seems to have a high moisture content in it. i only would put it in my car if im going on a long trip and its only gonna be in the car for about 4-5 hours before i have to fill up again

Sunoco + shop n save perks FTW

never used get go gas

I’ve never had any trouble with it. I don’t normally run it in my truck (I usually only run Sunoco in it), but I have no problem running it in everything else. Even my bike.

Where you are getting this 90% from?

I save up my points until its free. I top off my car and fill 4x 5 gal tanks for my lawnmowers and go karts. Or my Dad will pour it into his car.

working for AAA. go to a car that says “wont start”

i get there. car cranks and cranks and cranks. lil sputter.

i ask “where’d you get gas at?”

they say “Get go”

and the other 6% is sheetz… and then the other 4 is the big companies.

most of them eventually fire up from me crankin the shit out of them. and giving the peddle to the metal technique. sometimes they fire sometimes i have to tow them. happens in alot of nissans which are amazing cars. or lil 4 bangers that might not have enough spark to fire the high moisture gas. a guy i work with gets 2+mpg better in his ford SUV

:bigok:

OK. But I’ll still use it. I am one to use better grade fuels, so this may be an issue with low grade fuel at these places. I only run 87 in my company minivan b/c they will charge me for the difference if I use 93.

If one’s car is in top shape, it shouldn’t matter what gas is run. If one’s car is repaired with sub standard parts, or is poorly maintained, I would agree with your statements.

last one i had was an 04 nissan altima with like 22000 miles on it… i would say well maintained cause it was just at our shop for oil change.

but i def am curious about the 87-93 difference… cause i have thought this also. but hey if it works more power. i earn get go gift cards from AAA about 40 bucs every few months i just try to use them at giant eagle for free grub.

getgo can blow me

I’ve never had a problem with it

i know people with issues (cold start, bad MPG) from using GetGo gas… i think i’ve used it once in my moms car (at her request)… i tend to stay away from it though…

my lil nissan has ran great for 3 years on 93 from exxon. Im pretty sure it has only had another brand of gasoline in it less than 5 times in those three years.

I have always been under the assumption nissan had good ignition setups but maybe thats just on the early nissans or even just 240sxes that im familar with.

Jimmy

I’ve only filled with getgo 93, with the exception of a 91 sunoco fill up in the last 7,000 miles with no issue (I’m just breaking 60k on the lincoln), and with one less than a 1/2 mi from home my wife’s primarily filled the town & country with 87 for 16k (bringing it to 36k), and the are old Jeep had 15-20k worth of fill-ups and I could keep going with my old Taurus, Honda etc… I’ve never had any issues…

alright… i just got Getgo gas yesterday… now it cranks and cranks and starts but idles at only 500 (usually 1100kish)

F GETGO

Sooooooooooooooooo your blaming Get Go for whatever is wrong:rolleyes: Figure out the problem then talk NOOB. I mean your car isn’t exactly a “newer” car so it could be anything.

Sleeper, I am pretty sure that it was it the secondary cause of mine blowing up. Not saying it is horrible gas or anything but I wouldn’t risk it again. Never heard my motor detonate that bad. I would put it in my maxima without worries though, but I’m sure your GTP is a fine tuned machine that needs high end gas :slight_smile: j/k

HA! As Mac said he has seen a couple of cars have problems after getting their gas so i guess it’s a game of Russian rullet with them.

Drain the tank, put other gas in it and see if it runs better. It would be interesting to see!