sheetz gas?

Alot of people at school are wondering this. Is sheetz gas any different then other gas companys such as Sunoco because I notice with Sheetz gas (93)I get less gas milage and it almost feels like I lose some power out of my car.But when I put Sunoco (93) in my car I get an improvement in both. We went thru altered gas and stuff in school already and I know there are different additives but nobody seems to understand why there is that much of a difference.Can someone please explain this to me?

who knows anymore, supposedly sunoco has a pretty high ethanol content as it is

i dunno either I know must of everyone I know hardly buys gas from “Getgo” or “Sheetz”

x2

I vote sunhawk to go around to multiple stations to get samples so we can send them out to a lab to get analyzed for content.

I never notice a difference. :dunno:

Of course, I never buy Sunoco gas. I always use getgo or sheetz and never had a problem.

Well some of the things i hear is that the “detergent” put in sheetz gas really gums up your fuel injectors and fuel rails and causes corrosion at a faster rate.I also hear that there is a super high ethenol level in the gas. Which that would explain poor gas milage and performance if its correct.

wrong way around, high ethenol = higher performance, ethanol is higher octane and burns cooler

Your right my bad.Most gas stations have gone to winter mix around now though.Meaning less ethanol.In the winter they use different mixtures to keep gasoline from freezing because of phase separation.I just want to know what the hell they are doing because I put Sunoco in my tank after using sheetz for a while and i’ve already increased 3 miles per gallon.

winter mixes include more ethanol…ethanol has a lower freezing point. as well as eliminates water that can accumulate. “dry gas” and “anti freezing additives” are just variants of alcohol.

This is true yes but where does all that water go?To the bottom of your tank it doesnt eliminate it.Thats why they call it phase separation.

ethanol combines with water to make it combustable, it doesn’t go anywhere :rolleyes:

I always buy gas at Sheetz because it’s the cheapest. I hope it doesn’t fuck up my car in the long run

Dry gas is usually isopropyl alcohol with a few additives. A related method of making a tank’s water neutralized?

What you are thinking of is so wrong seriously.Alcohol and water mixture separate from the gasoline and sink to the bottom of the fuel tank.The process is called Phase separation.Cold conditions create moisture and when water mixes with these fuels in will NOT combine it will separate if anything.Hence the name Phase separation.If that was the case why are you supposed to keep so much gas in your car in the winter it has alcohol right shouldnt freeze?My point is made all that water will build up and eventually makes its way into the fuel system.The alcohol will help not damage the motor but is by no means good.

you are correct, its been a while since i read the contents of drygas

no, you’d have a seriously LARGE amount of water in the bottom of your tank if you were correct…the water would NEVER leave, and since the pump sits at the bottom of the tank you’d be sucking the water up.

try again!

ps: gas sits on top of water as it is :wink:

"Dry gas: In the winter, condensation (water) in your vehicle’s fuel tank or water contamination of the fuel you pump in can lead to hard starts and other drivability problems. Since water is heavier than gasoline, it tends to settle in the bottom of your fuel tank, where it gets sucked into the fuel lines and fuel system. If too much water contamination is present, it can freeze in the fuel lines or, since water doesn’t burn very well, give your engine a severe case of the hiccups at the worst possible moment, such as when you’re trying to dart across a busy intersection.

To prevent this, try and keep your gas tank as near full as possible at all times (this will help prevent condensation) and once a month, pour a bottle of Dry Gas into the tank. Dry Gas is basically rubbing isopropyl alcohol - pretty much the same thing as the rubbing alcohol you may have in your medicine cabinet. The isopropyl alcohol in Dry Gas works by absorbing the water present in your fuel (as much as ten times its own volume), allowing it to be carried through the fuel system and burned up along with the gas. End of problem! Dry Gas (sold under a variety of brand names) costs less than $2 for a pint bottle you simply pour into your fuel tank. Available at any auto parts store, Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, etc."

No shit thats called phase separation :stupid:

and where did you prove me wrong yet alcohol prevents the water from freezing and helps burn it through the fuel system thats not good for the car.