Advice on some KSports........

Does anyone have any advice on KSport Coils. I’ve always heard that they were a good brand, but then I find some for a good price and I’m sceptical now. Also I’m looking for people that have used them or have a friend that did. Not “they suck” or “buy teins” etc.

they are made in china … they lower a car… thats it

If your gonna get coils…get HSD’s or stance.

they are sic 18 way adjustable and all…

but i wouldnt buy it…

True enough, ya HSDs and Stance were what I was the route I was planning on going.

Thanks

i have gab coils for sale message me if ur interested, very high end very nice ride and lots of adjustability.
there isnt alot of exposure for these in north america but i had them on my skyline and s14 and love them

HSD ftw

If your going to be cheap and get coilovers get Megans other than that you need to make a custom coilover set up…like eibachs with koni’s

Stance & HSD > megan > Ksport > MDU & Godspeed

Shitty dampers on most of these coilovers.

HSD’S!!!

Ksport/d2 are mediocre if anything. As long as the dampeners aren’t blown. And the top mount doesn’t have play.

Their comparable to shock/spring combo (with dampening controls). Only benefit is height adjustability.

HSD’s seem to be the way to go these days.

Personally, I’d advise going with KW coilovers, and just pick your level depending on what you want. I think the V3’s are the best choice for a street car that is driven hard. They have separate compression and rebound adjustment, and external reservoirs. Or you could look into the clubsports if you want, because the regular ones don’t come with upper mounts.
Now, they’re a bit pricier than the other ones, but I think they’re fully worth it. On KW’s site, the V3’s are $1995 USD and the Clubsports are $3495. I had never tried them on the 240, but I compared the ride of my JIC FLT-A2’s on the G to another G with KW V3’s and they’re sooo much better. And my JIC’s are fo sho better than Stances.
I’m not sure how they would compare on the track, as the JIC’s are a very popular track coilover, but on the street, the KW’s feel way better. The damping feels nicer, more controlled, and better over bumps, etc. I’m not at all dissatisfied with my JIC’s, the car handles great, and is very sharp, but I felt that the KW’s were just as good, and offered a massive improvement in comfort.

Personally, I know that no matter what car I buy next, it WILL have KW’s on it, I was that impressed by them.

i’ve been thinking about KW’s but the price and features actually deter me a little bit.

sure the dampers and spring rates may be properly mated and higher quality with better specs but on street cars like ours i really feel they are lacking in key features of adjustability and the upper mounts on the regular versions.

Seriously, upper mounts are one of the easiest pieces to manufacture, why not include them and raise the price $200? It strikes me a more than a little silly.

And the mounting brackets are not adjustable on some of them either… you end up paying twice the price and yet there are still sacrifices…

I hadTein Super Drifts on one car i had and they were WAY TOO stiff for the street. 10/8 plus aggressive dampening. however, the hardware and some of the little things were probably the best i’ve seen on a set of coilovers for our cars. you could actually use the brake like post and the ABS mount instead of using a ziptie… the brake line post clip would actually stay in place… OMG!!!

anyone with some insight on Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers, found a review on zilvia and ppl seem to love them

lol a koni yellow + gc coilover setup would run better than some stances/general off the shelf stuff.

Being a ‘coilover’ just means it has a coil ‘over’, the way the spring mechanism is, and technically our stock suspension is also a ‘coilover’ just with no height adjustability.

What matters is the damper inside, and most of these things are trash off shelf.

Just because its pretty anodized, painted, colorful, machined, etc… doesnt mean its good.

I personally would recommend for most people some koni yellows or bilstein HDs revalved if they want to put together something themselves… if you want off the shelf yeah just get stances, they are at least better than megans.

You get what you pay for/what you make/blabla.

I find it amusing people still say ‘shock spring combo’ and ‘coilover’ and automatically its like “oh u know coilover is better”.

The only benefit of any of these coilovers is just height adjustability, no one seems to give a damn about whats actually inside… the damper.

JIC Flt a2 and kw variant 3 are better than most off the shelf kits but still not that great… i guess ‘progression’ from stance/etc…

The JIC FLT-A2 are constantly marketted with that s15 video as ‘how awesome they are’… but the fact is that s15 had its geometry re-engineered and a bunch of other shit… so its not just because of the coilovers…

KW coilovers on the other hand i guess a year or two back was a bit of a hassle for our chasiss… now i think they got things sorted out, but previously they didnt even supply camber plates… supposedly they are not that great on the dyno either… or acurate in adjustments… but whatever they work. S2000 guys swear by them but then most hop onto motons or something similar afterwards…

Oh yeah… when it comes to alot of these china/taiwan coilovers… alot of them come with questionable spring rates… one thing advertised, a completely different thing when tested… inconsistent/way off. Oh and this includes the oh so famous JIC FLT-A2 coilovers… look back like 2 years or so on zilvia one guy who actually put the dampers and springs to the test… he even asked them to be ‘custom valved’ TWICE and he got inconsistent bullshit… including inconsistent way off springs.

Most guy opt for putting lower spring rates on the JICs to ride better… they just can’t handle the higher spring rates right.

On the othr hand… I’m running 10.7kg/mm and 8kg/mm rear and plan to run 12/10 lol… konis DAs ftw but im gona need some slicks haha. Way cheaper than kw variant 3… but if im stepping up i would rather go with some custom motons or KONI 28 series but that shit gets expensive but can handle proper spring rates…

same shit different color… if u just wana slam a car look at my signature… thats all u get.

Just because its pretty and coloroful and lowers ur car… doesnt mean anything else… thats it.

Remember: “Coilover” is short for “coil spring over strut”. It consists of a damper with a coil spring around it.

if u just want to go low cut your springs like its 1999 lmao and thanks for the advice oh wise one

Allright numbnuts, I’ll bite. Based on what do you select your spring rates? Because most of the top shelf companies that make coilovers for cars do research and testing to pick the optimal rates, to get as neutral handling as possible, as well as a good behaviour on the street, track, wherever the coilover is intended for. Then they match (to the best of the ability of a commercial mass production system) the dampers to the springs.

There is a way of determining theoretically what the ideal spring stiffness is for your vehicle based on a couple of factors and ratios on the chassis. The fact of the matter though is, this calculation contains a lot of factors and constants that YOU are NOT able to determine, based on chassis flex, first and second moment of inertia (does your ignorant uneducated ass even KNOW what a second moment of inertia is?)
So the best you can get is an approximation with a margin of error in the high 30 low 40%. WHY EVEN BOTHER CALCULATING? If you can’t get results within at least 5%, then you are wasting your time, and obtaining utterly worthless data.
Companies are able to determine these factors and constants using things like solid modelling and finite element analysis (again, more shit that people like myself that bothered to go to school, and didn’t just read forums know, and YOU don’t), and get a much more accurate baseline to start with, but they still do testing. Because they can afford to keep changing spring rates and fine tuning the cars handling. Some do it more than others, some don’t do it at all.

But I guarantee you, that all of these companies have a better idea of what the spring stiffness should be on a car than you do.

You know what the real reason I hate you, and have always hated you? Is because you’re a fucking poser. Your bullshit that you spew that you just read on another forum, is an insult to the real people in the industry that do this stuff, and have been doing it all their lives. The people that went to school, and worked on race car development, and expanded their knowledge by reading literature or working with other professionals, NOT FUCKING BROWSING A FORUM. I hate fakes, I hate posers, I hate pretenders, and you are their motherfucking spokesperson. You have NO knowledge, and you just regurgitate incorrect information that you’ve read on the internet without even understanding it.

If you were merely an idiot like all the other trolls that plague forums, I would be able to ignore you, but it is your insolence, and your constant attack on people more worthy than you. I’m well aware of manufacturing shortcomings due to cost cutting measures and compromises made to accomodate different preferences, but DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE for one second to think that YOU, YOU IGNORANT UNEDUCATED PIECE OF SHIT, know more than the people at TEIN, or JIC or KW or any other suspension development company. These are engineers with tons of education and industry experience. Not faggot internet jockeys like yourself. YOU WILL RESPECT THEM.

Wow someone has an unhappy life.

Okay mister :slight_smile: