Affordable Lawyers? / What would you do?

My friend needs a lawyer to sue this douchebag at Mr. Valvoline on Sheridan. Anyone know anyone who works there? Well they’re scumbags.

Story:
She has this Nissan something or other, and she got an oil change yesterday around 2 and after her oil change, she drove to work. When she got out of work at around 11, she went to go drive home and her car wouldn’t start or something, and shes like wtf? Checked a few things, looked at her gas gauge and it was empty. Checked her oil and that was bone dry too. She looked under the car and she had a major oil and gas leak. She had neither of these problems before she got the oil change earlier in the day. Apparently they didn’t put the plug thing back in, and cut some fuel lines.

Anyways I just called her and there’s a towtruck there and he told her that her engine was seized. So she called the guy at the oil change place, and he told her he just so happend to have an engine for her car that hes trying to sell. And he’d give her a special on it. How FUCKED is that. What a fucking scumbag. How slimy of that dude to take advantage of her and think that he could just sell her a new motor and she’d be like ok!

So, what sort of case does she have? She has the receipt and everything. This just happend yesterday. Anyone know a good affordable lawyer?

[quote=“dawn”"]

and cut some fuel lines.

[/quote]

how far away from her work is the oil change place?

and:
affordable = bad.

I think like less than a mile?

[quote=“dawn,post:3,topic:25184"”]

I think like less than a mile?

[/quote]

i believed that maybe they forgot to put a drain plug in… there would be NO reason to cut a fuel line.

this story reeks of BS. Like something i’d make up when i was a teenager, expect my dad to believe it… but then 10 years later i realize what a retard i was.

valvoline fucked up my sister’s car last year, they convinced her to buy one of those power flushes and they hooked it up wrong and competely fucked up her engine, she pulled out, drove 1/4 mile and the whole thing seized. I don’t remember if she had to get a lawyer involved but they paid for a new engine, install, everything.

Well I didn’t make it up. I’m going on what my friend told me. And she’s not going to make shit up either. I don’t know if everything happend exactly like she said because I wasn’t there, but basically the guy wants to sell her a motor that he happens to be trying to sell which is exactly the same one she has.

have her dad go in there.

I work for a Law firm. If you are serious PM me I can get some information for you.

Um she will win that one pretty easy, a friend of mine had a similar thing happen and he didn’t even need a lawyer the DA took it and settled and the company (Jiffy Lube) bought him a brand new motor from the dealership. I think it was like 7k total installed.

Ok, sounds good. I’ll talk to her and see what she wants to do. I guess she’s getting it looked at by some other garage? I have no idea. If I were her, I’d leave it as is until I talked to someone. Ahhh whatever.

It sounds like they forgot to put the drain plug back in, thats typical and from what I hear it happens a decent amount of times at these quick oil change places.

sounds like they forgot to put in the drain plug.

hey, dawn.

I think they forgot to put in the drain plug.

Dear friend of Dawn,

I think they forgot to screw on the drain plug.

Love,
Corey

[quote=“RedGoober4Life,post:14,topic:25184"”]

Dear friend of Dawn,

I think they forgot to screw on the drain plug.

Love,
Corey

[/quote]

Dear Corey,

Oh dear god is that all? Well I would like to royally thank you for bringing that to my attention. Please my address is 1234 Nyspeed Ave. Buffalo NY please stop by and prepare to be totally taken advatage of! :headbang:

Sincerely,
Friend of Dawn!

Haha

Royally. hot.

i imagine they forgot the drain plug.

Next time you change you oil I would take the drain plug out first, so that way they can’t take it from you.

I heard these oil change places do it on purpose. Theres a little gnome that runs around stealing as many as possible, and then sells them on ebay.

But instead of sending the drain plugs on ebay he only sends them a picture and charges outrageous rates.

Well, thanks guys. I really didn’t know that they didn’t put in the drain plug. That’s not the point either. THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE SO SHE WOULD BUY A NEW ENGINE FROM THE MANAGER WHO’S BEEN TRYING TO SELL ONE.

… whos to say she goes back to the same place? it wasnt guanteed she would… pretty shady to do something and just assume out of all the car places around… you’d return to the same one… usually i’d shop around for the best price…esp on something like that.

Well anyone in their right mind would go back to original place and be like “Listen, you fucked up my shit, now fix it.” And the guy could be like “Oh well it just so happens I’m selling the exact engine you need.” Which is what happend. She confronted them, they told her that.