Dealerships=weaksauce

So, yesterday i was switching my boost gauge to the fuel pressure regulator line from the line between the diverter valves(i was misinformed the first time) and lo and behold, pliers in my engine bay. They’ve been riding there for a couple of weeks apparently since my last oil change. I was VERY glad to see that they havent slipped and fallen into my belts, they sat upfront. So, I call up the dealership this morning to inform them about this. Customer service only said “sorry. theres nothing we can do for you”. i told them that i dont even want the pliers and that i’ll stop in to drop them off, and that maybe they could at least set me up with a free oil change or something. i was told that yes it is indeed their mistake, but nothing happened. i asked “what if it fell in and grenaded my motor?” they said that if it would have broke because of them, they’d fix it. they were VERY short with me. talking basically 2-3 word sentences, like theyre mad at me. let me add this, when i called, i said that i dont want to start a huge fight or anything. i was using a very calm voice as well. they actually told me to speak up. should I ask to see the owner or is it just not even worth 5 minutes of my time? dealerships are notorious for not going the extra mile for you, unless youre paying heaps. i was hoping they’d come through for me at least some way, some how. it’s not like a bought a 650 dollar piece of shit car from them. i thought they’d do anything for me, but apparently not.

edit: what in the hell were pliers doing under my hood in the first place? last time i checked you dont need pliers to put in oil into a motor. whats up with that?

they wont do shit, not even the owner. don’t waste your time.

:nono thats not how u get repeat customers, IMO

no its not, but its the god honest truth. I had my car damaged on Denooyer’s lot, and even the owner of the dealer refused to help me out. Ended up having to go through my insurance to fix my car that they obviously damaged and promised to repair. Only thing they fixed was bodywork (which they do in-house anyway), they failed to cover my 2 damaged rims and 4000 worth of suspension damage. :idiots

Dude, I would be happy they didnt fuck anything up, and never bring your car back there again. That’s the most you’re ever going to get out of it.

dealerships dont play “what if” games. nothing happened, honest mistake, move on. now if it caused an accident, or something to break and they pushed it off as nothing, then id be concerned. but it didnt happen so get over it… blunt, honest truth. ive worked at the dealers, ive worked with maintenance organizations. find out who the tech was, and offer him his pliers for a price. thats about it man. dont go waving flags about it.

want my dealership experience. i brought my car in for a oil change since i didnt have a garage to do it in at the time, they updated my car with all the recalls it had. rotated my tires, washed and vacuumed my car, topped off my washer fluid and it only cost me 38$… not a bad deal id say, since its 35 for the oil and 10 for the filter.

Yup. Keep the pliers, that’s the most you’re going to get.

Look at it this way. That $5 pair of pliers showed you to not go there ever again. It could have been worse like a $2,000.00 transmission that showed you to not go there ever again. See the logic?

I think you made out :nod

you car is fine and you got yourself a new tool for free. Win for you, now stfu

Just be glad this didn’t happen:

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/218/23/747952036/n747952036_966262_885.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/218/23/747952036/n747952036_966255_9196.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/218/23/747952036/n747952036_966256_9432.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/218/23/747952036/n747952036_966259_167.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/218/23/747952036/n747952036_966252_8453.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/218/23/747952036/n747952036_966253_8718.jpg

(You also know EVERYONE. I’m sure that might have come into play here. :lol)

i dont know what you are talking about. this was in washington where i didnt know that many people

theyre not even GOOD. theyre old beaten up craftsman pliers. i dont even want them. if i could figure out where the hell my damn oil filters are, i think i can just change my own oil. i can just find out what they run in that motor and get something to spec or slightly better and just do it at home.

that woulda most likely cost me the motor. the belts woulda went and i’d have shattered all my valves against the pistons, then the pieces would have been everywhere in the motor and made their way into the turbos and such.

sigh i really, honestly thought that if i step up my game and go to a higher end car at a higher end dealership, id get a higher level of respect, but apparently that doesnt exist. they really just want my money and nothing else. i feel used.

Dude, you drive an older Audi. If you had a brand new Audi or a BMW maybe.

idk man, i really dont know. would you risk your whole motor for a shitty pair of pliers?

craftsman… break them and bring them back to sears…

oil filter
is located in the front towards the driversider corner or the engine. the drain plug is on the passenger side rear portion of the engine.

even if it was an 87, i still expect proper work to be done to the car. why were there piers in my damn engine bay? the oil cap is HUGE, it comes off when you use your hands.

then break them, go back to SEARS and get a BRAND NEW PAIR!!!

the belts spin so fast that if the pliers did get loose and hit them, they would probably bounce right off. Stop complaining about something that could have happened, but didn’t and most likely wouldn’t.

ahhh… you beat me to it

nothing happened to your car? So what would you like them to do for you? I truely dont understand what you are looking for. You obviously didnt blow your motor, so whats the problem. You cant assume someone to giv eyou something for free because NOTHING happened, it doesnt work that way