Affordable Lawyers? / What would you do?

[quote=“dawn,post:18,topic:25184"”]

Well, thanks guys. I really didn’t know that they didn’t put in the drain plug. That’s not the point either. THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE SO SHE WOULD BUY A NEW ENGINE FROM THE MANAGER WHO’S BEEN TRYING TO SELL ONE.

[/quote]

Yeah shady, I’d tell him you’ll buy it directly from the dealership after you sue his ass.

Valvoline once neglected to refill my moms transmission after suggesting that her fluid needed to be changed. It was shifting like shit so she went right back. Lots of concerned looks and hushed talking. 30 min later, everything was ‘all set’.

A new transmission was needed about a month later.

Just take them to small claims court. Have a mechanic put everything in writing as to what the damage is, and why it happened. Oil drain plug probably?:smiley: They’re Valvoline, they’re insured, and they do stupid things like this 4,738 times per year average, so she should get her money. If anything, talk to a trusted lawyer for advice beforehand, even if you have to pay. Taking a lawyer to court would cost a lot.

well my experience with that specific valvoline. a kid that used to work at pepboys double gasketed a filter. blew motor. went to work at valvoline blew two motors and became manager there. never go to a quick lube oil change place. the people there dont give a fuck about quality and efficency they just wanna get the job done. also the reason i would never bring my car to walmart. the service manager makes 9.50 a hour. if he had any intelligence he wouldnt be there.

also have a automotive repair facility check it out. intellegent tow truck drivers are few and far between. call valvoline corparate get the claim in put there. with automotive chains someone can tell u no a million times it takes on call to corperate to get the ball moving.

[quote=“nitroinsane,post:24,topic:25184"”]

well my experience with that specific valvoline. a kid that used to work at pepboys double gasketed a filter. blew motor. went to work at valvoline blew two motors and became manager there. never go to a quick lube oil change place. the people there dont give a fuck about quality and efficency they just wanna get the job done. also the reason i would never bring my car to walmart. the service manager makes 9.50 a hour. if he had any intelligence he wouldnt be there.

also have a automotive repair facility check it out. intellegent tow truck drivers are few and far between. call valvoline corparate get the claim in put there. with automotive chains someone can tell u no a million times it takes on call to corperate to get the ball moving.

[/quote]

agreed delta sonic is the same way you make a call to corporate they use to fix the the problem so they try not to get a bad rep.

my aunt use to be a lawyer but she quit do to marryen a millionaire…lol. go figure.

You can call DMV division of Vehicle safety and file a complaint. sounds pretty open/shut kind of case. local# is (716)847-7962 they may reffer you to call a number in albany to file the complaint. Heres the nice part- it doesnt cost you a dime, just takes a little time to file the paperwork. Get an estimate on replacement. Option2 tell them if they dont fix it immediately your going to file a complaint with DMV and dont deal with the shop manager call their corporate office and talk to them

this is why I refuse to get my oil changed at any quick oil place.
I use synthetic oil…if I pay eextra for it…how do I know they use it and so on.
It’s cheaper to do it yourself and it takes all of 10 minutes.

Monroe muffler always does a good job for me.

shit the first oil change on my moms new saturn back in 97 they forgot to fill it back up with oil.the car then had a major rod knock. i blew that fucker up at 3012 miles. they replaced it for free

Monro in EA changed my dad’s oil. He picked up his car ('02 Accord) and proceeded to drive around the corner to the bank. When he came out, the manager was standing there. Apparently, they didn’t install the filter right, and he left a good amount of his new oil in the parking lot. It was a rainy day, so they followed the rainbow, literally, down the street and luckily found him. They brought a guy out to change his oil again, and he got a years worth of free oil changes. Would have been a big mess if he drove all the way home to South Wales!

lol at that story ^^

my uncle/godfather is a lawyer

2 on your side. Been a light local news week, I’m sure they’re looking for stories. www.wgrz.com

what does it cost for a small claims court filing…$35 or somewhere in there. Once they get served the papers they will be REALLY eager to help you out.

You could really squeeze a lot of money from them with negligence, willfull disregard, damage to personal property, loss of transportation, blah blahb lawcrap, blah blah.

Just call any lawyer and get them to draft up a letter, most wont make you pay til you get paid.