Air COnditioning Removal ???

Ok my 180 is stored for the winter and the other day when i went to start it up and check up on it i noticed that i dont have a belt running on my A/C condensor. that doesnt bother me as in my old 200sx which blew ICE cold i used it twice in 2 years. my question here is would it be more work to romove it then to leave it or is it completly usless to take it out. im not trying to save weight or anything like that just thought if its not too bad a job it will clean some space and bay up. not like i have plans to put a belt on it any ways. any suggestions or knowledge??

BTW its a CA18DET.

thanks

Brad

my sr had that too but it was literaly just hanging there so i pulled it out…dosent do anything if you pull it out.

I know Kris (ca18det_180sx) did the same thing, and when you have no fan shroud running an electric fan it cleans up the front of the engine quite a bit.

rip what ever u can out…thats all!!!drain to atmosphere FTW!!!

But do just that, drain to atmosphere, not to lungs. Pfff, its only R12 we don’t need an ozone layer, I like warm weather.

i was thinking of taking my AC out too. thats 50 pounds not needed :finga:

i tore all the AC shit out when I pulled and rebuilt my sr.

ya my ac does not have the belt on anymore so its a non working unit. but it does get hot in the summer sitting in traffic,so I think im gonna fix a unit.

Yeah 280 air conditioning can suck when just sitting in traffic (2 windows down, 80km/h)