Airline rant....

Seriously, in the last 2 months I’ve flown into 8 airports, and not one flight has been on time. Seriously, most of them have been hours late…Tons of missed connections, normally on the flight home I am in no rush to get back, but I had two dogs that needed to be picked up since the “watcher” was going out of town… so annoying.

How difficult is it to get this right? Has anybody else experienced the same thing lately?

I never remember it being like this.

Ugh…

Sequester is still affecting air traffic as far as I know.

Not normally…

Yesterday I did have a nightmare of a time though; but it was due to a broken aircraft… that they found once we were all onboard and ready to go…

I have flown somewhere around 80,000 miles since last summer till now.

Delays are pretty common and I fly a bunch of a different airlines.

Had planes break a few times, delays because of weather was pretty common, and delays because of airports being busy.

They already fixed the sequester FAA cuts before it had a real impact.

First world problems

and then did you fly? did you achieve the miracle of flight? LIKE A BIRD?!?!?!?

^LOL. “It’s going to space! GIVE IT A MINUTE!”

Am I just lucky? I’ve had about 30 separate flights so far this year and only 2 or 3 delays which weren’t major until this week. (3 hour delay) I rarely have any issues at all.

Of all the flights I have taken, I have had 0 problems other than weather where planes are getting rerouted and certain airports that are notorious for slowdowns like JFK

houston was an absolute mess a couple weekends ago…weather and broken planes. i feel like i’m lucky- i’ve never missed a connection, had a flight cancelled or been seriously delayed…i have lost my checked luggage every time i’ve connected through philly though.

Hobby or George Bush? I avoid George Bush like I avoid O’hare

I fly Southwest and have their rewards card, absolutely superb airline, just paying my bills I haven’t paid for my last six flights, always on time, usually gets to the destination early, idk

“We’re you sitting in a CHAIR in the SKY?”

Just go back in time, tell the wright brothers to shut the whole thing down. Oh, you had to wait 40 minutes? Fuck it. Don’t even bother. Wilbur! We’re shutting it down"

Or something like that

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

For anyone who isn’t understanding these jokes-

I understand…

The airplane WILL take off.

I have flown about a half dozen times over the past few years and almost always had some kind of issues.
Be it break down delays, weather delays, or just fucking whatever issue.

I came here to post this

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

I see what you did there…

I fly to Buffalo->NYC->Buffalo every other week. I am always on time leaving out of Buffalo. I am almost always delayed leaving out of JFK. It has become quite frustrating.

That is the only credit card I use. A-List status and free flights twice a year. I love it.

I do like the JetBlue terminal at JFK

Big airports like JFK, LAX, ATL do a lot of shorter delays to control incoming and outgoing traffic for other airports.

I’m in and out of NYC via Jet Blue pretty often too and I have NOT ONCE departed JFK on time. Shortest delay was 45 minutes (but then another half hour of taxiing) and the longest was 7 hours (not weather related either). It’s pretty terrible.

But yeah in general it seems like more and more fights are delayed. Ill fly maybe 50 times a year on multiple carriers and my on time percentage is maybe 60% which isn’t very good.