Avoid Northwest Airlines like t3h HIV

They suck. A lot. And you can’t even contact them to tell them how much they suck.

Their automated response? That someone will email me in 2-3 WEEKS despite their website and phone system saying “we answer emails within 2 hours, 24 hour a day 7 days a week”

After 28 years of flying with them, this recent downhill trend is crap. I’m taking my future travel business elsewhere and recommend everyone else does too.

United FTW

I agree with you.

The only reason why my parents still want to travel with NWA is because of the miles upgrade.

NWA customer service: :tdown:

Continental FTW

^Why do you say that?

My girlfriend recently came back from Spain. On the way there, Buffalo to Newark was canceled - no reason given. On the way back, same exact thing - this time the excuse was weather, but the skies were blue for a 300 mile radius of newark on Tuesday.

They didn’t offer compensation, agree to pay for a rental car, anything.

The entire industry is like that now. The airline industry is in need of a MAJOR overhaul. That’s why my trip to Nashville this weekend will be by car. I flew last time and it was sooo not worth the trouble. I had to get to the airport liek 2 hours early so that I could wait for 1 hour in a security line, which at the end of, I was instructed to take off my shoes, my belt, take EVERYTHING out of my pockets, take my laptop out of its bag. Then put everything back together and run to the gate. Sit in a cramped seat for 3.5 hours next to people that smell funny. Wait on the freaking runway for an HOUR. Miss my layover because of the sitting on the runway. Get the next flight (which is delayed as well) and I finally get to my destination in the exact amount of time that it would have taken me to drive.

Oh and don’t bother checking any bags. IF they show up at your destination, they’ll be ruined.

Fucking airlines.

/rant

If that plane was coming from an alternate location and got tied up due to weather, it would cause a complete domino effect fucking everyone flight in line until they can catch up.

It’s a mess.

Delta FTW (knock on wood) for domestic travel anyway.

I prefer the army of Blonde stewardesses on Lufthansa

if you live near a hub, fly with that carrier. plain and simple

if you are taking a puddle jump flight (ewr to buffalo buffalo to LGA bla bla bla) expect to get delayed or bumped unless you are elite status.

sounds surprisingly like my day… time to spare? go by air.

PLUS FUCKING ONE :wink:

You’re dense. This was all THROUGH hubs… DTW + MSP. And it was mechanical status at that. And how exactly would being World Perks Platinum Elite change those issues / prevent delays? The people sitting “up front” were just as late as I was… moran.

my last 10+ flights have been delayed/cancelled…

i got stuck in Phili for a WHOLE day two years ago, missing my midterm, forcing me to drop my class.

the only airline i havent had “real bad” luck with yet is SWA. BUT, their “A-B-C” seating is fucking retarded. if your computer takes a shit, your stuck between a fatass and a drooling retard, or the guy hacking up a lung or screaming kid. FUCK. US and United can lick my sack… delta seems fine but dont ride with them much… AA…cant remember.

I won’t do the Southwest thing. I do hear they have great service but it’s too communist for me. I more miss the days of PanAm - truly high-end travel. First Class these days is a fucking joke, wider seat and free alcohol and a pack of trail mix? Whooptie fuck.

People at ALL of the US carriers missed the boat for “customer service” by a mile

Say HI to Mikey for me!

I might just have to drive down to Charlotte, NC in September instead of flying. I did have a few problems with NWA back in April coming back from Greenville, SC but nothing as bad as this. :gotme:

Customer service is a dead art, much like chivalry.

Just wait

Virgin’s first US flight is this month

Virgin is going to change everything…

that’s their claim. we’ll see… for now I’ll stick to AMTRAK, sure they’re not often on time, but it’s a hell of a lot better quality of travel (Sleeper Cars, not the cattle, er, Coach section)

roger that. Amtrak is a nice way to travel.

From what I have heard, virgin wants to capitalize on the shitty state that is the airline industry. Someone such as yourself would probably pay a few extra dollars to fly with a better company…

Lovely. I’ve got several trips coming up.

Flying sucks a lot lately. I’m at the point where I’ll pretty much just drive anywhere within about 8 hours.

I just went to Las Vegas w my family. Took NW. Our flight out of Buff was delayed 2.5 hours, almost missed our connector flight, luckly they held it for us as we & 2 other couple ran to the gate, (man im outta shape!)should have seen the dirty looks on the people stuck on the departing plane! Time there was great. Side note, my 18 yr old son (who isnt legal to gamble) played a few $$ on the poker slots, after spending about $14 he wound up with a ROYAL FLUSH!! He won $67.50 on a 25 cent pull! He says to his Mom, quick! Change seats with me! Didnt matter cuz no one cared.
Anyhoot, on the way home, we found out our 1st flight was cancelled, a so called “sick out” the pilots. After much talking with NW, they got us another flight with 3 connectors, 9 hours later! They called a local hotel & shuttled us at no charge & gave us 75.00 in food vouchers. So we took a nap, we’ve been up 26 hours at this time, showered and went to breakfast. The shuttle brought us back to the airport and we continued our long jurney home. Pain in the a$$.
Heres a couple pics, us in vegas, check out the Ferrari! I’d guess a high roller!

FWIW - I heard there’s a pilot’s “work slowdown” at NWA. Not a full-blown sick-out or anything, but many pilots are over-hours and can’t make their scheduled flights.

Regardless, it seems that all the airlines are going to pot lately… but none of them are as bad as some of the foreign ones I’ve been on (read: Chinese domestic carrier) …

southwest FTW!!!