Alaska Pics

Went on a drive and took my camera. It was cool to be able to get sun rise pics at 1130 vs having to get up ass early and get the same shots.

Theyre just pics, no photoshopping to help them out, clear up some of the wash, or remove road signs, etc. Im very new at photography, and it was running about -20 wind chill so I also wasnt going to be standing out there and messing with camera settings. All shot on a Nikon D5000 on Auto, and UV filter.

Im open to constructive criticism, since im not too sure yet the proper settings of the camera for certain scenes.

With that said, enjoy.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

[COLOR=“Silver”]

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Wow love the shots, What lense?

This one I really like.

man fuck this. how much rent per month for 2 people to move in with you?

Wow. that one road does not seem 65mph-worthy.

Nice shots. Looks amazing up there.

agreed.
awesome pics. alaska is definitely beautiful.

Very cool

Awesome scenery :tup:

Alaska is one state that is definitely on my to-visit list. What’s the best time to make the trip?

Sorry, I’m a hater, but I have no interest being someone even colder / longer winter than buffalo. nice shots though.

Gorgeous terrain :tup:

Is that HWY 1 south of Anchorage?

I’ll be in Nome next year. Pretty psyched for it since I’ll be with locals the whole time. Great shots, this is probably my favorite:

Bump!

I’m not going to start another thread but rather just add to this one.

I recently spend some time in Alaska and if you’ve ever considered a trip there, do it. It’s beautiful. Although I suggest going in the summer or at latest September when things are still in summer mode.

I’ll add more pics as I take them off my phone. I have a crap load of them, lol.

Sunrise

Sunset

My brother got married, candid shot but look at that background

Glacier

Hotel & surrounding valley

Mountains from an Anchorage suburb

Anchorage with the mountains behind

Incredible, would love to visit someday

Congrats to your bro!

Great shots, I’d definitely love to visit Alaska. Also eat dat seafood

Best crab legs I’ve had. There are a lot of seafood options up there.

Although I realized after some browsing that there are no lobster like we think of out here. All of the high end places served Atlantic / Maine lobster.

Bring on the rest of the pics.

wow. I really want to retire there but I’ll prob just get some acreage in the southern tier and pretend