Albany SPEED Shop - DIY service now open.

Hi all,

We continue to work to finalize all the pieces for the new Albany Speed Shop.

However, right now we have decided to open up the DIY service and FAB parts of the speed shop.

The dyno is being built as I type this and the rest of the Speed Shop showroom parts will be ordered and in stock soon!

This is a slow upstart as we have had several hurdles to over come. We are steadily beating them back!

There will be a 1/4 mod at Wilton mall for everyone to look at…we will also have versions of the mod lites for people to look over. They will not be the new “asphalt” modlite cars that we will offered but they will be from the same species which gives you the idea.

You may also NOW reserve RENTALS for both the Modlites and the 1/4 mods for the Thirsday night card at Albany Saratoge. See information on our website. or call 518-862-2795 and ask for Darryl at ext 122 or Dave at ext 104
The best part is, I CAN ARRANGE FOR A TEST DRIVE AT ALBANY SARATOGA SPEEDWAY for the modlites once they arrive. We are expecting our first new asphalt modlite very soon

Visit : www.albanyspeedshop.com to see all we have to offer and pass the word to your friends and families please.

Regards,

Darryl Carl and David Madej

:thumbup :thumbup congrats guys!

cool, ill have to drop by and check it out.

DIY Shop would be amazing.

Dyno info? AWD?..

wow, the price is not as nice as i expected, i guess my “oh need to rotate my tires, heres 10 bucks, zoom zoom, all done,” aint gonna happen. i hate not having my tools and lift at school.

ya do realize shit aint cheap right ? he is takin a huge risk lettin any stoonad use his lift his equip and so on right ?

why does this sound like a HUGE liabilty?? Imagine if someone gets hurt? or a car falls off the lift and kills someone? GL

I would assume they will have people sign some sort of waiver so thats not an issue.

Lawyers work around waivers all the time. Keep that in mind

GL with this venture though :slight_smile:

if it’s anything like the garages at military bases, they may have people take a mandatory course on how to operate the lifts and stuff and with the signing of aforementioned waivers

Taken from their site: “*** You must sign a waiver and liability release form prior to the vehicle entering the repair area.”

Still good stuff though, lookin forward to stopping by once things get rolling. :thumbup

exactly. the base i was on they wouldnt let you operate the lift yourself. but i remember in pensacola and MCAS Iwakuni you could

I don’t think that the prices are out of line. I wouldn’t let anyone touch my tools / lift for a penny less!!

this

The facilities at military bases pissed me off. My job was a mechanic. I had more training then the guy telling me I needed to take a training course to use there lift or other such equipment. I had trouble swallowing my pride to work on my car. Anyway, I hope to possibly make use of this Dyno in the near future.

haha that sucks. i’m sure it was more of a liability issue more than anything.
still, those garages on the bases are pretty sweet. i remember the going rate being something ridiculous like $12/hour at a base in italy.

It was expensive. I made friends quick and had sergeants telling me not to work on my car there and bring it to their garage.

Im sure there are a lot of people who could really utilize what they have to offer. I think you would want to make the best of it tho and do something like a trans swap rather than go there to rotate your tires or something that could have been done in a driveway.

Sweet deal, I’ll be taking advantage of the diy garage.

I am hoping i can get my daughter in one
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u85/VWmama04/kyleenracecar-1.jpg