Albany Speed Shop / Krazy Kid Kustoms 2004 Jetta Track Car

Thanks man, post up some more dude. Sounds like you had some cool rides and have some knowledge to share.

My initial idea was here: http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=19961 POST 11 to be exact. But I got lazy, lol and buzzed these out real quick to get the motor mocked up in place and keep moving forward on the project.

Once I run it and my teeth fall out, I am sure i will move back to the bushing idea and make another dogbone with a adjustable heim on one end and a bushing on the other.

this is VERY true. V8’s are not bad for the most part with solid mounts. they are ballanced alot better. I6’s same boat. Even the VR6 seems to be ballanced better.

the 1.8T, yeahh not so much! 1,4 up, 2,3 down on the crank. so its more or less a concrete tamper!

The more this project moves along the less likely it will be that it racks up miles on the streets. Reliability, driveability, legality, comfert, etc… as much as I say it didnt, it really fell off the cliff of me saying “yeah its a street car, ill drive it all over the place”. lol

Side note on the project. Holidays are over, money should be back in my pocket soon and play time should be more on my favor. (minus the wife just broke her wrist on newyears eve and had to get it set and casted, so I have to help her out alot at home) Last week Yetti and I cleaned up the bottom end on the good motor, removed the old mock up one and trans, I have to make a oil filter housing plate to run the AN lines and remote filter and oil cooler stuff, make a thermostat housing for an AN line and the AN fitting for the head too. brake lines are ordered and can be bent up and installed soon. box o tranmission pieces I still need to dig through and put a trans back together.