Alienware

Can someone try to customize an Area 51 PC on the Alienware site… and see if your IE crashes?

Macbook Pro here, works fine in FFox and Safari…

damn.

DL’ing Chrome on this PC to see if I can get by it.

Thanks.

Np.

Or don’t make the same mistake twice and download FF3.

or don’t bother, alienware has the same problems as Macs(says the guy on an iMac) they are barely cutting edge hardware inside a rugged but unupgradeable shell with a huge price tag for all the pretty-ness, except alienwares run shitty vista instead of primarily leopard with the option to run shitty vista…

buy a lenovo

I haven’t priced out an Alienware rig since Dell bought them.

Chrome let me customize… silly prices.

Just seeing if I go through someone (like www.ibuypower.com) if I can get the monitor cheaper, and save on shipping… and get the OS and a warranty. Last time I shopped between Tiger Direct and Newegg, ibuypower had them both beat… and that was a built machine with a warranty shipped to my door.

Alienware = Pretty Dells

Alienware = looks nice, but overpriced. Paying for the name.

I fell victim to it and though they were the bomb back in like 02 and spent $3500 on a laptop from them only to sell it for $2000 a few months later and get a $900 Dell that performed the same 3dmarks, etc. and just had a plain Dell case.

I just did one on ibuypower for 2k… nice machine.

I’d never use any site other than envigopc.com because I know one of the owners that started it up. It’s a fairly new company but they are legit. Also, if I was building new I would build it myself from newegg most likely.