****All members who joined over the last two years + READ*****

Fixed a major issue that I wasn’t even aware of up until recent times.

The thread display setting for all members signing up, presumably since introduction of vB had a wrong organization structure.

The default structure for new members was set as newest/latest reply first, so when they would click on a thread the first reply on the first page in a thread would always change to the most recent reply.

This is a$$backwards and not what me or the vast majority of forum users are used to.

If you would like to change it to the standard we are all used to - go into your USER CP - EDIT OPTIONS - scroll down to “Thread Display Mode” and change it to LINEAR - OLDEST FIRST.

Major :facepalm at me.

I have no idea how many members were lost/confused/pissed off by the setup and I’d rather not even think about it.

:banghead

Yeh I remember saying something about this when I first joined. I was like WTF… I believe someone else fixed it for me though.

I had this for like the first 3 weeks i was on here and was like WTF WHAT RETARD MADE THIS SITE?!?!!?

It’s really a huge fail on my part.

I have no idea why or how it was looked over for so long.

Hoping this will help straighten things out. All new members should have the settings back to normal now, but I can’t mass change the settings of existing members, so I’m hoping those that are active will see the thread and adjust accordingly or at the very least PM me to change it.

sweet nice find! been woundering about this since i signed in as well, thanks for the info i never would have found it

No prob!

I hope more see it.

I would have personally been unhappy if I signed up to a forum and it was in that format.

Which is why it’s upsetting that it took that long for this to change!

:dunno yea i hear ya, i just stopped signing in ha…

Actually I didn’t even think about it.

It was still “normal” for a guest, but fubar if you signed in.

Oh god :facepalm

ALL READ***** :shifty

well i can do a find and replace for the SQL and find the value that says ascending or descending and then change it, in theory that should work… but thats just a theory until i look into it

I like your theories.

That sounded foreign to me but you know best.

Just back up the file before tinkering :lol

i just wish i had the time, im posting in between editing sessions here at the studio, can’t focus more than a minute at a time

yeah i noticed this when i first signed up, it was annoying and found a way to switch to normal. At least i now know it wasnt just me

PM me the details, I work with SQL all day…and don’t feel like being productive at work today.

ok will do !!

It was fucked up for me for the first minute of my new membership…

Thats what i was doing, worked well

Welcome back! :hug (no homo)

Bump

Im always around here, just may not post a whole lot

Anything happen?