Allegheny County Rental Car/Drink Tax

Pittsburgh has a subway???
or do they pass off the trolley as a subway?
wheres it go?

not sure i asked someone that the other day but didnt get an answer

I’d be willing to bet, that if they are going to impose a 10% on alcohol (I would assume bottled and poured), that restaurants are going to raise prices of everything else. Just a thought.

I don’t agree with it necessarily, however I also think that people are making a huge deal over this. It is only 10 percent. If you go and get a beer at full price it is only like 30 or 40 more cents per beer. If you can’t afford like 40 more cents per drink, then I am sorry, maybe you should be doing more important things than drinking. Just my opinion.

I don’t think it’s as much the price increase as it is the fact fo the matter that Allegheny County officials are finding the most off the wall fucking ineffecient ways to cover their asses for an over budget trasnportation system that still isn’t finished.

It’s the principle, it’s principality!

30-40 cents adds up when you can powerhouse drinks, i am ashamed to have you part of my Bethel Park community

:rofl: :rofl:

To someone who asked earlier what poured drinks means, that is drafts, mixed drinks and such. If you buy bottle it is not included in the tax.

all rightg that means there will be more bottle specials next year!!

Correct me if i am wrong…I remember hearing not getting ice can factor in on the price of the drink???

this was a separate issue. certain restaurants / high class bars were charging a little more if you got a drink without ice because more alcohol was used to make the drink.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07341/839943-85.stm
nope it means all drinks served in bars
does not affect six packs and beer taken out

Eh fuck it, Westmoreland is close by and I still have my bar at my house.

Take a look at it from another perspective. If a typical bottle beer in a bar is 2 dollars. With tax it goes to 2.20. Normally in this situation you would tip the bartender 1 dollar. Now instead of the bartender getting 1 dollar they would get 80 cents.

true this is same thing that used to happen when i delivered newspapers. any time the price went up i lost money due to smaller tips.

Meaning to (female) bartenders: Less clothes = bigger tip!

its a total shot in the dark, im sick of taxes, i think im goona change my screen name to Ftaxes… lol

But you can also look at that two ways:

1. Oh well they are a bartender, if they want to make more money, they can get a more dependable source of income

2. Just tip them like a quarter more.

In my mind, it doesn’t really matter too much. If I want to go out and have some drinks, I will. Even if the 10 percent ends up adding 5 bucks to my bill by the end of the night, I don’t really care. 5 bucks isn’t going to break the bank.

Such simple thinking… If bartenders take a hit in income what are they going to do? 1 ask for more money or 2 leave the place. Higher paid by the bar bartenders yields higher drink prices for you the consumer. If the bartenders leave then you have increased time to receive your beverage. :slight_smile:

Tip them a quarter more? lets be logical please. It’s not the idea that people can’t afford it, its the other trickle down effects that make the tax bs.

Sounds like you think into it waaayy too much. First off there are many bars that do not have beers/drinks at an even price…and they do just fine. It is done many of other places and it is not a problem.

Fact is it is very simple…people will be pissed and a few people won’t go to the bar for a little while. This will only last for a short period of time. People like going to the bar too much…to meet up w/friends, get away from the bitching wife, pick up chicks/bar sluts/dudes…and they will go back to the bar and the extra $2 they spend will not really make a difference. This is sort of like the smoking ban…sure the pussies will bitch and moan…but in the end people will still go to the bar.