Allstate IS confusing me V. Ins claim

OK, so i went and made a claim on the damaged part of my bed (passenger side lower part curled in from dumping it in a ditch). NOw, i went and talked to the lein holder, and they told me they would 100% be willing to accept the check for the damages to put on the principle of the loan. This would essentially 100% pay the truck off. Now, after talking with allstate, theyre sending me to an estimator on Monday at 3:30 to get the damage totaled up. while talking with the representitive, she informed me that I would receive the check then and there, and i would be required to choose a repair shop there so they know who to make the check out too. Kinda sounds like theyre pressuring to get this repaired at a shop.

How the fuck do i get this check so i can give it to the bank so i can pay off the loan. What do i tell the estimator? Just tell him i want to do it myself?

yep, just tell them you hadnt decieded on a shop yet. they will just cut you the check in your and the Lien holders name. if you do the work yourself (altho you probibly wont) you would need to take before and after pic’s to send into the lien holder along with the check then they would relise the check to you.

if you want to pay off the truck with the check, tell them to make the check out to the lien holder. insurance checks dont HAVE to be used to repair the vehical

if they argue, argue back

they have to pay you for the damages, no matter what you want to use the $ for

The whole thing is bs.
YOU are the insured not anyone else, make them write the check to you.

allstate will cut a check to you if you ask them to.

If you owe on it, they will cosign the check with the leinholder if they are bastards.

just tell them to make it out to you. When you get the corporate assholes, they will say oh no we don’t do that, but the adjuster will cut you a check right there.

if you financed a car or truck u dont own all of it till its paid off. therefore the check has to be made out to both owners.

Is your lien holder listed on your insurance policy?

agreed, Ive done all the work for my cars (minus the mini) and my parents cars and friends who have Liens, the insurence company writes the check jointly and you have to show Proof (IE pictures, Recites) of repairs then they will sighn the check back over to you.

Mike like i said. about my shop. i hate allstate. i perfer not dealing with them, they are a bunch of fucktards, i had to file a lawsuit on them one time. and then they listened real fast. you have a right to pick your shop etc. But say you take the $ and dont fix truck, and you have another accident in same area, then they do not have to pay you again unless you fixed it with proof,. but basicly, you and your lien holder should be on the check. just pay truck off, and be done with it. if they dont total it, if they do, buy it back. for 6% of check.